Author Topic: Wipeouts and Text masks  (Read 4067 times)

hudster

• Gator
Re: Wipeouts and Text masks
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 09:33:33 AM »
I tried that but then neither the text or frame plots.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

deegeecees

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 11:10:59 AM »
Personally, I can't stand it when drawing entity associativity is lost due to someone's non-synapse firing lack of brainliness. For example, I'd much rather see a wipeout on an extension line rather than an exploded dim for the same effect. For editing purposes, this just makes things cadnomically correct. One could argue that fact but I'd just tell them to toss the silver down the well and move in with the chickens.

:whistle:

Bob Wahr

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 02:14:10 PM »
I have a question about wipeouts.

We don't use them, but I'd like to, so.... Is it possible to place a wipeout so that if the frames were left on the frame wouldn't plot, but the wipeout would still function fine?
Do you make PDFs?  Do you use one of the various free PDF makers to do so?  If the answer to these is yes then you will discover a problem with wipeouts, they look fine in your PDF but print black.  The solution I found for that is to make them a color that is set in the pen table to a 0% screen (white) which at the same time solves the problem of the frame showing up.

deegeecees

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 03:19:35 PM »
I have a question about wipeouts.

We don't use them, but I'd like to, so.... Is it possible to place a wipeout so that if the frames were left on the frame wouldn't plot, but the wipeout would still function fine?
Do you make PDFs? Do you use one of the various free PDF makers to do so? If the answer to these is yes then you will discover a problem with wipeouts, they look fine in your PDF but print black. The solution I found for that is to make them a color that is set in the pen table to a 0% screen (white) which at the same time solves the problem of the frame showing up.

Saving for future reference.

jwisherd

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »
Yes, we use them. We use them on siteplans, to clear out info below the buildings. We also use them on Handrails, so we can "hide" all the linework behind the rails with out trimming out the drawings. And last but not least, we have wipeout frames incoperated into all of our tags, so that we can drop a tag over hatch and have a readable tag without having to re-hatch. I had also noticed that mask is now a dimvar in 2006.