Author Topic: Mouse most suited for drafting  (Read 8842 times)

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
Re: Mouse most suited for drafting
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 09:21:04 PM »
I prefer...sumasketch tablet graphic with 16 button mouse.
Keep smile...

Dent Cermak

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 08:17:33 AM »
The Logitech 3 button "Minnie Mouse" (no balls) is inexpensive and works nicely.The optical mice are very smooth. i just cannot get used to the track balls.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 10:03:29 AM »
I've been a Logitech fan for years.

Most recently ; The LX700 cordless keyboard/mouse combo.  ... not a regret.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

grush

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:36 AM »
I prefer...sumasketch tablet graphic with 16 button mouse.

Thats what I use at home and at the office its a CalComp Drawing Board III. I wouldnt trade it for the world. Call me old school, but it works for me.

Pete

Bob Wahr

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 11:12:07 AM »
Andrea or grush, any insight on tablet menus in a cui world?

grush

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 11:39:34 AM »
Andrea or grush, any insight on tablet menus in a cui world?

I'm still using 04, so I have no idea about the CUI interface.
Sorry. If I upgrade to 06, I will let you know.

Pete

SDETERS

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 02:06:41 PM »
I use a Contour MOuse
I think there is like three or four different sizes
Made to fit your hand

Works really nice

http://www.contourdesign.com/

Dr. After

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 04:47:16 PM »
Just got it and so far it is by far the best mouse I have ever used!  I never figure there would be that much difference but the responce time is instant and the accuracy is astounding.  Now I need to hone my speed again to get the most out of this little red mouse.  Now I have no balls, either. :lol:

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 10:05:58 PM »
Hope its not too late for my 2 cents....
@ work I've been introduced to a 4 button + wheel, where you can program the 2 side buttons to any F funtion. I've set one to snap on/off and the other to otrho on/off. I have to get a new mouse for home, but I'll never go back to 2 buttons. I'm prob not as fast as T-Bear with a mouse in each hand, but better than F8 on F8 off, F8 on. I'd be willing to bet watching T Bear draw is more fun than watching a pen plotter do an E size sheet.
Now for the challenge... I need a lsp to work with my clapper so when I clap my hands twice it will plot, save then close  :-D
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

PDJ

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 01:25:55 PM »
Even though I use the Intellimouse, the Nos N52, AND a USB numeric keypad, I still miss my old Sun Moon Star tablet.  It was like 8x11 in size, had a mouse with 3 ricker switches on it.  Forward on #1 was always pick button.  With the old Panacea display list driver, I could make the other keys do tons of things.  Each key could have a command assigned for a normal click, a long click, or a double click.  OK, so that gives me 15 commands plus my pick key already right?? Well, the Panacea DLD could turn those clicks into different menus, totally customizable and easy to do.  It would take a little while to get everything set up the way you wanted but man, when you did, hold onto your socks..

Ah yes, DLD's were the best thing since peanut butter and jelly sammiches..

hyposmurf

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 08:14:22 AM »
How's your new mouse behaving Dr. After?Im about to get a new one to and that mouse you suggested  (MX510) looks so dam nice.

whdjr

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2005, 09:42:37 AM »
I use the Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse and I think it is the best I have ever used.  I tried one of those trackballs but my thumb wasn't that smart.

Jürg Menzi

• Swamp Rat
  • Oberegg, Switzerland
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2005, 10:30:27 AM »
I use the Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse and I think it is the best I have ever used. (...)
Fully agree, but you've to use the latest driver...
A computer's human touch is its unscrupulousness!
MENZI ENGINEERING GmbH
Current A2k16... A2k24 - Start R2.18

hyposmurf

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2005, 01:17:35 PM »
Ive seen similar mice to that but it would annoy me having to charge batteries all the time for it and I also like to keep as many infra red, radio waves etc to minimum if I can around me.Theres enough going about and its not to say in the future thatll find out these waves and infra red are damaging to our health.Plus as already stated a mouse should have a tale.

Sdoman

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 02:38:35 PM »
I tried one of those cordless mouses about 6 months ago.  Can't remember which one it was exactly.  But I didn't like it because there was an annoying time lag when clicking and pointing as compared to a corded mouse.  And I didn't care for the size or feel of the mouse, since it must be larger to accommodate the batteries which add additional weight.  Cost a lot of money too.

But to each their own.  One of my co-workers loved it!

One of the problems with mice, is that you can't try before you buy.  Unless of course, you have a friend that has one that you are considering.