Author Topic: Setting Att Strings w/Objectdbx  (Read 9688 times)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: Setting Att Strings w/Objectdbx
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »
It's one of the few certainties in life, yet we're never prepared for the loss of a friend or loved one. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and his family.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

deegeecees

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
Thanks again.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »
I would like to extend my condolences as well.

Let me know when you are ready to tackle the ObjectDBX coding again.

Jeff

deegeecees

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »
No, problem JM. I'm taking off for today, and tomrrow looks chock full o grunt work, but I'll find some time in there, thank you for the help.  :-)

deegeecees

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 01:27:51 PM »
Update on my freind: There will be a Memorial this Saturday for Bruce Moak, for those of us (me and my freinds of course) who could not make it to Florida. I know it may seem callous, or I may just be in denial, but all I'm thinking about is how am I gonna fit this in between Halloween Parties, and Haunted Houses? Is that wrong?  :-(

Update on ObjectDBX app: Priority change! Need app for automating transmittals, starting thread in "Job Junk".

deegeecees

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 11:11:57 AM »
Anyone have something that will browse for folder, then process and update an attributed block within the dwgs of that folder?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 11:30:45 AM »
What is the name of the block? Would you want sub-folders included? Where should the txt file be located, with the drawings or in a global location?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 11:40:42 AM »
Jeff,

Does VBA  have the same problem with Attributes and ObjectDBX as Lisp does?
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

deegeecees

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 11:47:05 AM »
block names are:

11x8
17x11
24x18
36x24
42x30
8x11

And the name of the Attribute Tag is DCode

I've been screwing around with ODBX in my "spare" time but haven't been able to come up with anything original. What I have now will process every attribute in a given block, prompting you for each tag found. Not what I'm looking for, I just want to be able to pick a directory, fill in a text box for the correct attribute value, and have the code process each drawing in that directory, looking for any one of the above blocks, find it, then find the attribute tag "DCode", then give it the value taken from that textbox.

Simple huh? Thanks for the quick response Jeff!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 12:32:52 PM »
Tim, Yes.......(ActiveX is ActiveX, whether in Lisp or VBA or VB)

DGCs, you're welcome. I was going to be able to spend some time on this, but I was just handed a rush survey job. I'll be out until later this afternoon (it's 9:30 am here).

deegeecees

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »
Jeff,
No problem. I just made a Lisp routine that handled it pretty well w/o using ODBX. The only thing is you have to sit and watch as AutoCAD opens and closes about 90 dwgs and if the users processor runs out of RAM (LARGE! dwgs), BOOOOT!. Which is why I was wanting to go the ODBX route. Don't really mind the justification glitch that comes with it, so if you're still interested I still would like to persue this, just not on such a frantic level as this morning.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »
OK, Patrick.
Attached is a DVB file that I pieced portions from another similar project I did. I have not tested the actual opening/editing/saving of the drawings, as I don't have the blocks that you are using. I do think that it should work with some minor tweaking.

Give it a try on a small, backed up, folder first!

Since you know some VBA, you may be able to make any adjustments needed. If not, just let me know what the error(s) is/are. Also, it wouldn't be too hard to add in additional attributes and to place/read the default data to a file, since that was one of the original requirements.

Jeff

deegeecees

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 12:50:09 PM »
You da man Jeff! Downloading and tweaking, will post aftermath.