Author Topic: ( C3D ) **WARNING**  (Read 5557 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
( C3D ) **WARNING**
« on: September 27, 2005, 11:47:01 AM »
Found this *cough* little problem this morning and thought you guys might like to see it. Look closely at the highlighted items in the screen shots.

[ http://www.theswamp.org/screens/mark/screen_shots/c3d_cglist_error.png47K
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: ( C3D ) **WARNING**
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 12:12:34 PM »
OT/TIP: When using a splash of color on a layer (in Gimp, PS, PSP ...) to highlight an area (yellow for example) the underlying layer(s) will retain their detail (say text for example) if you set the layer's blend type to multiply (rather than normal).

Example:

Retentively, me.

:)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 12:34:07 PM »
Retentively, me.

:lmao:

Good tip MP, thanks!

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 12:35:06 PM »
Was this perhaps inserted from a pre 2006 drawing, block or xref?  It looks like the insunits bug again to me.  I just started using 2006 for production and am fighting similar things whenever I start up, insert or xref any older file.  I am hearing the preferred solution is to set all of the variables to "2" and most problems will go away UNLESS you use LDT 2006 which will kindly reset the values every time you insert something.
Here is a quote from the latest suggestion in this topic from the Autodesk LDT Newsgroup:
" . . . setting INSUNITS=2, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE=2, and INSUNITSDEFTARGET=2 and I've gotten decent results.  When all 3 variables are set to 2, some older symbols still come in improperly scaled (by a factor of 12), but almost all of the xrefs are working fine . . . "
the WHOLE THREAD is full of symptoms of the bug and various solutions that have been tried to patch up autodesk's mess.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 12:49:10 PM »
I'm sure it's a pre '06 dwg but I didn't insert it, mearly opened it. The problem still persists after saving as '06.

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 01:17:54 PM »
You have it reading inch units somewhere and I would check if any of those variables I listed are set to "1" in either your startup template for C3D or in your drawing in question.  If that fails, there is a new section for "dimensions" in the ambient settings panel you can try changing.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:34:11 PM »
Well I know what will fix but just for fun . . .

Code: [Select]
Command: INSUNITS
Enter new value for INSUNITS <1>: 2
Command: INSUNITSDEFSOURCE
Enter new value for INSUNITSDEFSOURCE <0>: 2
Command: INSUNITSDEFTARGET
Enter new value for INSUNITSDEFTARGET <0>: 2

No change . . .

If you edit the drawing settings from the toolspace and set "Drawing units:" to feet 'cglist' reports the correct length. What bugs me though is why is it set to nothing? ( see screen shot ). You only have two options in the pull down yet neither are selected.   :roll:

Dinosaur

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »
That is why I thought there was something fishy in your original drawing settings that C3D didn't know how to deal with.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 01:54:42 PM »
Just for fun . . . if you open the dwg in Map the 'cglist' command reports the correct length.   :lmao:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 11:49:51 PM »
Try this work flow instead, Open your 3D drawing with all properties set, Launch the MAP Explorer
and query in the data, and see how it behaves.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 11:54:34 PM »
Try this work flow instead, Open your 3D drawing with all properties set, Launch the MAP Explorer
and query in the data, and see how it behaves.
OK the Dinosaur is going to officially withdraw from giving any advice . . . the master is here and he has spoken.

Swampers, it is my honor to present Michael Farrell - my teacher