Code Red > VB(A)

Learning VBA

<< < (2/8) > >>

Trev:
Hey nivuahc  I started (a while ago) working on something very similar to what you have described.
A basic block manager, containing an option to select desired service ie:Electrical then option buttons to select either lighting, power, comms etc
upon selection a list box would display all the blocks relating to selection ie:power. also showing a preview of highlighted block. I have also added an option to add in addition blocks to the library which would then copy the block to the appropriate folder and place it into the listbox.

I made a sample type version of this to show a company I worked with a tool that they could do with, Since theyre symbols library etc was so crap.
I didn't get much response so I never got around to finishing the program off. It would be a very handy tool.

nivuahc:
Trev,

Would you mind, terribly, posting it here? I'm sure it would help me develop this one.

In fact, that's how I first learned LISP. I would take a routine that I sorta liked and go through it tweaking it to my liking.

And I'm sure it would be helpful to anyone else who's trying to get a handle on this! :)

hendie:

--- Quote from: nivuahc ---
A ComboBox (Usually referred to as a 'pull-down', this is where we'll have the user select the detail category. According to the VBA Reference library a ComboBox combines the features of a ListBox and a TextBox. The user can enter a new value, as with a TextBox, or the user can select an existing value as with a ListBox. Since I don't want them typing in anything, I just want them selecting it maybe this isn't the way to go. I don't know yet.)
--- End quote ---

just set the Styleproperty of the combobox to suit:

--- Quote ---
The settings for fmStyle are:

fmStyleDropDownCombo 0   
The ComboBox behaves as a drop-down combo box. The user can type a value in the edit region or select a value from the drop-down list (default).
fmStyleDropDownList 2   
The ComboBox behaves as a list box. The user must choose a value from the list.

--- End quote ---

alternatively, you could zap the user with a "Daily quote from Dent" if the value typed in isn't in your list !

Trev:
Yep No problems nivuahc
I have a few things to tidy it up a bit to make it a little more functional
then I'll post what I've got.

nivuahc:
I've spent the little amount of spare time I have trying to figure out how to take the information in the TXT files and put it on the form making it so that when the user selects something it sets the value as a variable.

I'm having very little luck. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version