Author Topic: Block Weirdness in 2006  (Read 1942 times)

whdjr

Block Weirdness in 2006
« on: September 19, 2005, 03:07:50 PM »
Have any of you noticed any block selection weirdness in 2006?

I can create a block that has two pieces like a 36" door frame cut in plan.  If I insert this block in 2006 and yoom in till I can see the whole block on my screen and do a 'non-crossing' window on one of the two pieces it doesn't select the block.  However if I zoom in so that I only see one of the two pieces of the block on my screen and then do a 'non-crossing' window on the visible portion of the block it selects the whole block.  It is not supposed to do this because the 'non-crossing' window did not select the entire block.

I reckon this is a bug in AutoCad because I can make a block with 2 lines and it willdo the same thing.

Anybody else come across this?

Bob Wahr

Re: Block Weirdness in 2006
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 03:15:54 PM »
I could be wrong but I think that this is the same way that the last several releases have worked.  A window has to completely encompass an entity to select it but if it can completely encompass all that is visible of an object it's close enough.  Maybe someone with an earlier release can test it.

whdjr

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 03:43:53 PM »
The only other version I have loaded is 2000 and it doesn't select that way.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 04:17:50 PM »
Will,
If you can reproduce the "IRREGULARITY" submit it to AutoDesk so there is a chance it will be addressed before the next release.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

whdjr

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »
Where would you recommend I submit too?

Directly to Autodesk?  my Local resellor?

Who at Autodesk would I contact?

whdjr

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
I posted it as a technical support question thru my subscription on the Autodesk website.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »
Good luck there.  I have logged a few bugs that way and they "look" at you like you are speaking a different language
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 04:38:51 PM »
Great !!

They can't fix it if they don't know about it  :)

Regards
Kerry
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 04:40:31 PM »
 ... but keep the pressure on ..

If you get no Joy I may be abe to post it with the ADN, but its best to try [with persistance] yourself.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 04:43:56 PM »
True enough Kerry, its just frusterating when they talk to you like you have no clue what your talking about.  Most of us have been using Autocad longer than the "tech supporters" have been working at Autodesk.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

whdjr

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 04:50:37 PM »
Thanks Guys.

I keep at em  :pissed:

Bob Wahr

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 05:14:45 PM »
For the record, AutoCAD doesn't have "bugs" or "irregularities," it has "new features" and "unexpected added functionality."

Kate M

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 03:53:45 PM »
Have any of you noticed any block selection weirdness in 2006?

I can create a block that has two pieces like a 36" door frame cut in plan. If I insert this block in 2006 and zoom in till I can see the whole block on my screen and do a 'non-crossing' window on one of the two pieces it doesn't select the block. However if I zoom in so that I only see one of the two pieces of the block on my screen and then do a 'non-crossing' window on the visible portion of the block it selects the whole block. It is not supposed to do this because the 'non-crossing' window did not select the entire block.

I reckon this is a bug in AutoCad because I can make a block with 2 lines and it wil ldo the same thing.

Anybody else come across this?

2004 works like that -- for blocks, xrefs, dimensions...