Author Topic: running script on multiple layouts  (Read 2056 times)

ELOQUINTET

running script on multiple layouts
« on: September 12, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »
we have an attribute which contains the drawing path. then we have a button we click to update the path. it looks like this:

^C^C_.TEXTEVAL 1 _-ATTEDIT _Y *;DWG-FILE *;_C (GETVAR "EXTMIN") (GETVAR "EXTMAX"); _V _R (DWGPATH) ;_N 

People forget to update the path all the time so i am trying to write a script for doing it which looks like this:

tilemode 0
zoom extents
_.TEXTEVAL
_-ATTEDIT
_Y
DWG-FILE
_C (GETVAR "EXTMIN")
(GETVAR "EXTMAX")
_V
_R
(DWGPATH)
_N

it is working fine on one tab but i want to update this attribute on all layout tabs in a drawing. how do you check for multiple tabs and if so run script on all of them?

whdjr

Re: running script on multiple layouts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 05:22:56 PM »
Look into FIELDS.  They update automatically for you.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 05:41:28 PM »
ok i'm aware of fields and that would work for the drawing path but all of our titleblock info is input through access so we can print out reports for the big boss. when we send a drawing out we have to input the issue date into access then have to zoom extents each layout and press this button. i would like to write a script that could do this for me. i don't want to have a mixture of fields and attributes for the titleblock and fields simply don't work for all situations we need (or i haven't found a way yet).

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 06:29:20 PM »
I think you are most likely out of luck from a script standpoint.  VBA or lisp could do it no problem.  You could run the VBA or lisp with a script.