Author Topic: fas file security  (Read 18245 times)

LE

Re: fas file security
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 11:24:20 AM »
Hello experts,

I write some applications for our HVAC Company. And since they pay it they have the desire to keep it "in-house".

So I did build in some check out of the registry, and made it a fas file. But how save is a fas file?

Thanks in Advance,

Bernd

There are three decompilers two that are not good or do not produce workable code, but can expose any string data, in the case of a password or whatever, someone with the knowledge can get into.

And there is one that can expose workable code, basically the same as the original code, comming from a FAS or a VLX, this one is not on the net.

You can use the harddisk serial number hardcoded in your fas/vlx fles.... among many other ways.

Good luck,
Luis.

csgoh

• Newt
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 01:40:05 AM »
Hi all;
I used a software "Lisppro" by ai-design to encrypt the lisp.
Check it out at this website www.ai-d.com

csgoh

Amsterdammed

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 03:24:47 AM »
Mike,
I first used the hostname out of the registry, but then it became a to big pita because a lot of OC were stolen or just replaced by newer ones (we have 250 Acad users) So I changed it to something out of the registry we all have in common in our company.

But how do I get the IP address, and what is the range you tell it is one of your companies IP address or not?

Amsterdammed

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 03:32:14 AM »
Sorry Michael,
I called you Mike again. Won't happen again. Stupid, since I'm Austrian it should be more common for me anyway. Guess I have been in Florida to long.

Bernd
 :oops:

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2005, 09:59:42 AM »
Mike,
I first used the hostname out of the registry, but then it became a to big pita because a lot of OC were stolen or just replaced by newer ones (we have 250 Acad users) So I changed it to something out of the registry we all have in common in our company.

But how do I get the IP address, and what is the range you tell it is one of your companies IP address or not?

There's a number of ideas in this thread.

As for ranges, all you do is compare individual octants with the ranges for your company -- you can get the latter from your network administrator.

Sorry Michael,
I called you Mike again. Won't happen again. Stupid, since I'm Austrian it should be more common for me anyway. Guess I have been in Florida to long.

Bernd
 :oops:

:-D
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 02:05:02 AM »
To compile an activex dll you need a suitable compiler, for example, Visual BASIC, Delphi etc. (and the ability to code in the appropriate language).

I've a busy weekend coming up but I'll try to provide a skeleton Visual BASIC version c/w the Visual LISP wrapper.

For this example I decide to kill a couple birds with one stone: Write a quick/small dll example in Visual BASIC, use said dll to return the IPAddress to the caller, and use the dll from Visual LISP. Note, in order to concisely demonstrate just how easy this is I'm leaving out error trapping and additional utility functions I would normally code as part of the application. While you may call WMI functionality directly from Visual LISP (haven't tried it myself, but it should be no different than using the File System or Scripting Objects, which I have used in Visual LISP), I thought I'd do it from a dll for fun, so it's a somewhat contrived example.

So ... In Visual BASIC 6 (Professional or Enterprise) Start a new ActiveX project, call it DLLTest.

Add one class to the project and name it Utility. Put the following (minimilistic) code into said class (code was distilled from this MSDN page):

Code: [Select]
Option Explicit

Private myWMIService As Object

Private Sub Class_Initialize()

On Error Resume Next

Set myWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")

End Sub

Private Sub Class_Terminate()

Set myWMIService = Nothing

End Sub

Function GetIPAddress() As String

On Error Resume Next

Dim IPConfigSet As Object, _
        IPConfig    As Variant, _
        i           As Integer

Set IPConfigSet = _
        myWMIService.ExecQuery( _
            "Select IPAddress " & _
            "from Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration " & _
            "where IPEnabled=TRUE")

For Each IPConfig In IPConfigSet
        If Not IsNull(IPConfig.IPAddress) Then
            GetIPAddress = IPConfig.IPAddress(0)
            Exit Function
        End If
    Next

End Function

Compile the project to DLLTest.dll.

When you compile the DLLTest.dll it (the dll) will automatically be registered on that machine. If you copy the DLLTest.dll file to other machines you will have to register it via RegSvr32.exe (e.g. at dos: RegSvr32.exe path\dlltest.dll). This can be done at the DOS command line (as previously noted), a batch file, a shelled process from Visual BASIC, or even via a Visual LISP wrapper. I'm not going to supply that code in this post.

Now call the registered DLLTest.dll from Visual LISP (minimal, non error trapped code):

Code: [Select]
(defun c:DLLTest ( )

(alert
        (strcat
            "IPAddress = ["
            (vlax-invoke
                (vla-GetInterfaceObject
                    (vlax-get-acad-object)
                    "DLLTest.Utility"
                )   
                'GetIPAddress           
            )
            "]"
        )   
    )

(princ)

)

Enjoy.

:)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 02:13:20 AM by MP »
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Amsterdammed

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005, 04:37:48 AM »
Michael,
one little Problem. I have no VB6. I only work sometimes with VBA

Bernd

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005, 09:06:43 AM »
There were other solutions in this thread Bernd, I was just trying to make good on my "... I'll try to provide a skeleton Visual BASIC version c/w the Visual LISP wrapper ..." statement.

:)

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 11:32:48 AM »
Every piece of code out there can be re-engineered :wink:. The thing is not too many people know how to re-engineer/ decompile the file. Yes there are programmes that will do it for you and yes 'fas', 'arx', 'vba' etc can be re-engineered. The thing is the people with the knowledge to do this, don't care about your code. They wouldn't waste their time trying to re-engineer something they probably could write quicker and better themselves.
I say don't worry about absolute security. Produce the vlx, fas files and forget about it. This level of protection is enough to deter 90% of the population.
I have been using fas and vlx files for years and I have been selling lisps for years. I distribute the lisp files as time trials from my website and I have had lots of people buy the lisp when the time trial ends.
The funny things is a lot of the programme I write and encrypt and sell over the internet are distributed freely and in open source at the swamp.  :O)
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

Jim Yadon

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 12:56:20 PM »
It's funny you should mention the population statistic. I've found that number not only to hold true but that the same 90% have no interest in how it works, only that it does what they want it to. I personally have always used encrypted LISPs and never had any real issue with them. Once decrypted, the only pepole who would understand how to follow the psuedo object oriented method in which I program are usually found at forums like this. The majority of those could probably write what I wrote even better. :-P

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2005, 11:01:46 AM »
90% have no interest in how it works, only that it does what they want it to

Unfortunately I am part of the 10%, who does care.
Why, you ask???
So I can improve the code or change it slightly to suite my needs exactly.
I never find a lisp that does exactly what i want done. Some come close though.

AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 04:41:30 PM »
I suggest you to put your code in VLX...not fas...

why !!??

because I have many FAS uncrypter...

Just let you know...

Also, did you hear about SDUCT ?
HVAC ductwork program ?
Keep smile...

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005, 04:53:42 PM »
.......................The funny things is a lot of the programme I write and encrypt and sell over the internet are distributed freely and in open source at the swamp. :O)

Which code would that be PDCad ???
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 08:03:24 PM »
I assume he didn't literally mean his code, just code that does the same thing (but I've been wrong before).

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 09:59:20 PM »
... I have many FAS uncrypter ...

Adjusting Scorecard.