Author Topic: Message Window Pop-up  (Read 11292 times)

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Message Window Pop-up
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 04:37:53 PM »
Note that if you added (POPUP-NOTE) to your ACADdoc.lsp it should work.
Be aware that if you have another ADACdoc.lsp then ACAD may find it first
and not behave as you would like. So check the folder where the drawing is
that the routine does not work for another copy of ACADdoc.lsp.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 10:59:20 AM »
I have looked through some of the older threads, but I couldn't really find anything that answered my question, so I wanted to ask again.

We are in a situation where after coming into my new estimating position, I am finding numerous errors in the plans being submitted by our current CAD department. The method I use to notify the architectural manager of the problems is by shooting him an email about the problems. I don't know if that is going any further because I am still catching some issues.

My idea is to open our master drawings and use a LISP routine or something else that will pop up an information window when the next user opens the drawing. In this window, I was going to list out the errors that needed to be corrected prior to copying the file over for the next project. Since our projects come from our master files, these are the drawings that would have this "data window". The window would list the errors needed to be corrected and then after they are corrected, the user could take the window off of the file as a way to indicate the errors were corrected. My thought process is that this would be a LISP of some sorts that runs when a person opens the file. The first thing they see in the file would be this window popping open and telling them to correct some issues. Am I correct in thinking that this would be possible or is there a feature that is available already that I have overlooked in ADT? Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated.

This is a good solution...

;;; Message Service   (c)2001, John R. Fair III;  $50 Bonus Winner
;;; Message.lsp is a program to store and retrieve       
;;; information about a drawing.  Use it to save notes to   
;;; yourself or others, information about "odd" non-standard
;;; things you were asked to do to a drawing.  Saves right in
;;; the drawing, retrieve the message the next day, next week
;;; or next year.

Get it at cadalyst.com

I have a modified version of it if you want it.

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 04:41:59 AM »
Good find Gary.

I like it that the data is stored in a dictionary.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection