Author Topic: Block management  (Read 19681 times)

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
Block management
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 05:55:40 PM »
Depending what exactly you mean with block..!?

do you mean block like simple symbol for diagram or whatever..?
or you mean block with specific details ?
Keep smile...

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
Re: Block management
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
just for info...

few month ago...I have created a block manager tools..
allow user to insert blocks without specifying a sclale...

if someone is interested..
Keep smile...

hyposmurf

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 03:30:11 PM »
Im going to have a go with CABS menu thing first.Ill also get back to you when I have sorted the company block library.Then Ill know what blocks I need your program to insert. :-)

jwisherd

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 11:14:36 AM »
I have to keep track of several thousand blocks, and keep up on my projects, so it is an ongoing process. I have created an orginized lib. structure, with all blocks that go into it are on layer 0, purged, scaled correctly, and named correctly, with correct insert points. I have a block construction folder that all new blocks go into and sit there till I have the chance to check and review them, and pass them along to our block lib. It's a slow ongoing process, but we now have an efficient lib.

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 02:20:33 PM »
Hypo-Thanks for Block Manager ?
Tried Blib, its great, just what I've been looking for, but 1 small problem, (I can fix)
Think I'll blame blib, (but could be another of a dozen lisp's arx's), seems it keeps kicking my filedia setting to 0. Did you have the same prob?
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

hyposmurf

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 03:04:10 PM »
Wasnt me but MvdP who mentioned blib.Ive yet to use that program myself.Is there any support for the product?

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 06:00:08 PM »
Yes, the install.txt said to reply for any bugs or probs. Just thought I'd ask around before I went that route. There is still allot for me to learn w/ cad, so perhaps I did not install correctly, maybe I need to add a search path or something that a more experienced person would know right off the bat. So I wanted to ask here if anyone else had the same thing. When you try it let me know how it works. I think its great, I just need to setvar filedia 1 to my mnu.
Stay safe, have no immediate plans to go acrross the "pond", but I still owe you that "pint"  :angel:
Acad 2013 and XM

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2005, 07:16:02 PM »
Forgot.......
My previous employer had "Blockman" http://www.cadfx.com/blockman/
Its really great, but ~ $99.00(US). No slides, just browse to the folder(s) you want and it automatically shows large/small previews. I believe it updates the preview if the dwg has changed also.
Acad 2013 and XM

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 11:18:51 PM »
.... when someone has a problem because they copied a 3 year old drawing...

Of course that is the beauty of having a well defined standard. So that when I grab a drawing that is 3, 4, or even 5 years old, it will still be able to be used.

I regularly use drawings in my practice that are 7-8 years old, some even more than that ... the good thing is that no matter what I do,  since they are all standardized, I can manipulate them easily.

Sorry for the hijack ...

You are now returned to your regularly scheduled event.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hyposmurf

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 03:55:07 AM »
The more I look at previous drawings the more I feel like  :-o.Standard symbols I click arent blocks, lines havent been drawn with ORTHO/OSNAPS and drawings that havent been purged.Seem to open previous drawings and spend quite a bit of time correcting the previous drawing before I carry out the work given to me.I dont want to hand over an incorrectly done drawing just because the previous drafter made mistakes,even if I look Im taking more time than I should.It seems however that its more important to get the owrk out the door than worry about following any CAD conention/standard.Im beginning to wonder whether Im wasting my time crewating a block library. :roll:

LE

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 11:07:12 AM »
.It seems however that its more important to get the work out the door

Yes.

nivuahc

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 11:12:35 AM »
Sad, isn't it?

One should never sacrifice quality for quantity... it always bites you in the end.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 11:16:29 AM »
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

nivuahc

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 11:27:04 AM »
indeed

nivuahc

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 11:36:56 AM »
In my answer for a YES... it is related to the issue of waisting time trying to put everything in a particular standard way.... nothing to do or against quality product....

Wasn't making a comment on your particular reply... just in general. I find that more and more people/companies are sacrificing quality for quantity these days. When a job comes back for modification later, all that sacrificing is going to be paid for one way or another. The 5 extra minutes of time spent doing something right will save you hours later on.