Author Topic: Save to lower release not present  (Read 5407 times)

hyposmurf

Save to lower release not present
« on: August 26, 2005, 07:37:50 AM »
I never thought Id be in this forum as I never thought Id be dealing with ADT.Turns out thats what Im going to be using from now on in at my new company.Ive reinstalled the program three times now and still cant figure what is going on.I cant get the drawings to save down to a 2000 release.Its starting to drive me nuts.In the options pulldown theres no pulldown option and neither is this evident in the save as menu pulldown.Whats going on?Also Im using my vanilla CAD profile on ADT are there any problems associated with that?Even without this profile set current it makes no difference to saving down versions.

Dinosaur

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »
Most of the Autodesk vertical apps such as Arch Desktop now require the use of EXPORT rather than SAVEAS because of the various aec objects.  I am not familiar with your program, but the civil app's have EXPORT located in the "files" pulldown and you will be given the choice of what format you want for the destination file.

hyposmurf

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 08:01:10 AM »
Yeh I came across that otion but it binds XREFS into the drawing which is too annoying to use.Ive found another way:
save to lower version
This will just load plain AutoCAD so you can save down to a 2000 release.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 11:22:47 AM »
you might check in the options/preferences dialog.  You should be able to set your default format to 2000.

hyposmurf

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:03 PM »
Quote from: Bob Wahr
you might check in the options/preferences dialog.  You should be able to set your default format to 2000.

Thats the first thing I checked and kept cheking after each reinstall,but it isnt there.You have to download the latest service pack for this option to become aparrent.ADT has just started to drive me a little nuts.We dont need the functionality of ADT just plain AutoCAD.Theres numerous things that Ive had to fiddle with over the last day,at one stage I lost the function of some commands.Ill get there eventually I hope :)

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:03:49 PM »
In civil we have EXPORT and Export to Autocad that allows several dwg and dxf formats that may work better for you if Arch Desktop has it as well.

hyposmurf

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:31:29 PM »
Yes it has that facility to but Ive since downloaded the latest service pack and saving to a lower version is now possible.