Author Topic: Stooo-ped PLU crap.  (Read 3331 times)

Dr. After

Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:14:54 PM »
I exported a licence from machine A to machine B, but it apperently didn't include machine B and tried to export it to itself.  So then i export it again and it got it right, but it exported it to a location that was not viewable from the network, so I tried to copy it and the file dissappered.  So I erase anything left over from these dang PLU files and then try and start from scratch.  Now all i get from machine B when I try and import is error code: [17.1.84].  So I go back to machine A and it claims it has exported the licence to itself and to machine B.  Now I think I have lost the licence and only have a few hours left to use it on machine A before the grace period ends.

What the hell do i do now?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 12:30:59 PM »
Best I can come up with is call adesk/dealer.
Sorry, I never have to deal with exporting licenses.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dr. After

Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:32:37 PM »
You got one in mind?  Our local ones kept blowing us off since we don't buy many licences (small firm)  so we got it direct from AutoCAD.

Bob Wahr

Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:33:35 PM »
call autodesk.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:49:40 PM »
Quote from: Bob Wahr
call autodesk.

and tell them your local dealer is blowing you off.  May not help, but they say the reseller is the first person you should call
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Dr. After

Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 01:53:26 PM »
On the phone with them now and they want $65 to hear my problem.  I don't get it.  When our shop produces something that is not up to par, we wouldn't even think of attempting to charge the customer to hear their problem.  We just fix where we phuqed up in the first place.  What's even more frustrating, is you go to alternate sources to find solutions and get instructed to call the folks you are trying to avoid...

t-bear

Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 02:12:36 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of AutoDORK!  Wish I could help but I'm afraid you will probably have to fork over the $$$
If it's any consolation, our reseller charges $100.00 per incident, unless you have an annual "support" policy with them...............

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:04:31 PM »
It's quite possible that I'll be ragged on for this ;
.. but, did you happen to read the documentation before you started the license transfer. ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Dr. After

Stooo-ped PLU crap.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 09:35:55 AM »
<start ragging>
What kind of idiot do you think I am anyways?  Of course I didn't!
<end ragging>

Actually because it made a bad PLU file, it was honestly stuck in limbo.  When starting the lending AutoCAD after the 24 grace period expired, it prompted to obtain a new licence, so I did and all is well.  It woudl seem that I have now been given multiple licences for my single product key now, though.  Nobody in black suits showed up to arrest me yet, though...