Author Topic: Hideplot affects lineweights?  (Read 7308 times)

cad-waulader

Hideplot affects lineweights?
« on: August 23, 2005, 06:09:45 PM »
Having trouble maintaining desired lineweights of prints; "hideplot"  seems to be linked to the problem.  (ACAD 2000)
 If I select "Hideplot> Yes" for a viewport, all the lineweights are plotted, in preview and on paper, to some uniform lineweight.  In spite of the fact that different entities' layers are assigned different lineweights.  
 However, selecting "Hideplot> No" for a viewport results in all lineweights plotting as expected, i.e., as called for in  Layers Property Manager.
I need to plot 3d objects with "hideplot>yes" to eliminate hidden lines...but in that case, the printed graphics look like junk because all the lineweights are the same.  Here's a link to a sample dwg that is similarly afflicted...http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/cad-waulader/TEST_LWT01.dwg?nossi=1
Sending up a flare.

cad-waulader

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 06:23:11 PM »
Looks like this is just a bug in 2000; ¡La cosa no tiene remedio!
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=222347

t-bear

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:46:01 PM »
.......Another is to edit the CTB plot style table to set colors to specific line
weights..........

This is the way we've done it for some time.  Basicaly, we have 3 lineweights....text/dims on "blue" with the lightest lineweight....bold text on "black/white" with the heaviest lineweight......and all other colors with a medium lineweight.   With hodeplot on, the lines plot at different thicknesses.

Jürg Menzi

• Swamp Rat
  • Oberegg, Switzerland
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 05:38:08 AM »
Yeah, a bug in 2k/2k2, fixed since 2k4
A computer's human touch is its unscrupulousness!
MENZI ENGINEERING GmbH
Current A2k16... A2k24 - Start R2.18

cad-waulader

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 01:22:27 PM »
Jurg "& T-Bear: thanks, guys.
With hideplot 'on', I'm plotting with control over lineweight by using a color dependent approach, as you mentioned.  Only remaining issue is:
 the black & white HP printer I use is grayscaling the colored lines; I'd prefer that the lines were printed 'black' instead.  have adjusted parameters in the plot style table editor to achieve the line value I'm after, but no luck yet.  almost there, still diggin'.
Curious- T-Bear, are you plotting in color, grayscale, or 100% value black?

cad-waulader

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:28:08 PM »
:D Aha! got it finally.  to plot in 100% black line value, assign "black" for the colors in:
Page setup of layout> Plot Device tab>Plot Style Table Editor>Properties>Form View tab>Properties