Author Topic: PUBLISH / PAGE SETUP issues  (Read 5493 times)

PUBLISH / PAGE SETUP issues
« on: August 11, 2005, 11:09:20 AM »
I'm trying to create a page setup and/or page setup override that uses a NAMED VIEW, *HOWEVER*...

...I don't get the View option in the page setup dialog box.
The only options I have are Layout and Extents.  If I create a page setup in a blank drawing (using File -> Page Setup Manager, I have the option to create a page setup using Views.  If I then create a page setup with a view, save the drawing, then try to import that page setup into my sheet set manager as a Page Setup Override, the page setup with the view doesn't show up as an option!

Does anyone have ANY idea what might be going on or if this is even a possibility (I can't see why it wouldn't be).

I'm using ABS 2005 (for what it's worth).

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Matt W

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 01:44:42 PM »
I tried to recreate the problem.  Did you create the view in Layout space or model space?  The views I made in MS were not available in PS for plotting.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 02:28:11 PM »
Make sure that the named view that you want to plot exists in the drawing you are making the page setup for.  If there are no named views, you won't have view as an option.  Then, in the drawing that you want to import the page setup into, make sure the view exists.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 02:52:53 PM »
I was poking around a little bit and found out that there are 2 different PUBLISH commands; the one from the File pull-down and the other from the Sheet Set Manager.  I'm trying to publish from the SSM.  This is where I'm having this problem.  So I guess my questions now are: Why is the SSM publish different from the other and is there a way to use a page setup (from the SSM Publish) to plot drawings?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 03:41:27 PM »
I used to print to views before the invention of sheet manager. I ran into the same problem you are having and started printing to extents. IMO it is easier to print now.

I have a dwt with all my pagesetups in it on the server.

I have added this to everyone's startup to ensure we are all looking at the same overrides and you don't have to specify a override file everytime you create a sheet set.

Code: [Select]
(if (getenv "SheetSetTemplatePath")
(setenv "SheetSetTemplatePath" "S:\\AutoCAD Shared\\Sheet Manager")
(princ "\n   <<Couldn't Set SheetSetTemplatePath>>")
)
(princ)

(setenv "AlternativePageSetUpsTemplate" "S:\\autocad shared\\sheet manager\\sht_manager_overrides.dwt")
(princ)

Not the answer your looking for but hope it gives you some ideas.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC