Author Topic: XREF Problem: Linetype Scale and Linetypes  (Read 1966 times)

tcdan

XREF Problem: Linetype Scale and Linetypes
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:58:40 PM »
I have a huge mape of the city with several other layers which we xref a grid of smaller 11x17 sheets.  The plot styles have been set up so that certain colors print out with certain linetype scales and linetypes.  I have a layer, EASEMENTS, which has a dashed linetype and a thick linetype.  When xrefed into most of the 11x17, this layer appears correctly when printed. . . however, in a few of the 11x17 sheets that were created later, the layer appears to have no thickness and no linetype assigned to it (continuous line).  I have no idea why.

I already tried ltscale.  Objects that printed with the correct line properties in the other 11x17 sheets will not print out normally in these files either.

I ended up solving the problem by going into the xrefed drawing and changing the properties of the EASEMENT objects from ByLayer to the specific linetype and color I wanted.

WHY won't it print out properly using ByLayer???

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:06:20 PM »
Just a quick shot, VISRETAIN.  Turn it off in the drawings your having the problem with, then save and reopen that drawing and turn it back on.

This will set all the layers that are being x-ref'd back to the way they are in the base drawing.  This procedure will undo any layer changes made in the drawing that the file is being x-ref'd into.

tcdan

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 01:09:49 PM »
Hmmm. . . now it's acting a little finicky - it seems to work sometimes, other times it doesn't. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 01:47:57 PM »
Gremlins...

tcdan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 02:05:15 PM »
They're responsible for all of our problems!!

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 02:31:12 PM »
Quote from: tcdan
They're responsible for all of our problems!!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: