Author Topic: CAD Test  (Read 11606 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
CAD Test
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2005, 08:40:32 AM »
can make one :)
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

deegeecees

CAD Test
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »
M-Dub,

---------> Options

---------> Open and Save [tab]

---------> Check "Maintain Log File"

M-dub

CAD Test
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2005, 10:19:23 AM »
Quote from: deegeecees
M-Dub,

---------> Options

---------> Open and Save [tab]

---------> Check "Maintain Log File"

D'oh!
How did I forget that!?!?!  I used to look at the log files of our old PEBCAK for a laugh!  Thanks for the reminder, DGC!  :D

deegeecees

CAD Test
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2005, 11:59:48 AM »
No Prob.

That is why we are...

jwisherd

CAD Test
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2005, 12:19:51 PM »
The cad test is to determin their proficiency in cad, interviews and talking one on one should be used to determin their character, and work ethic. Use the cad test to find out if they know CAD, not how they will work when they get settled, as everyone slacks off a bit once they find the comfort zone.

M-dub

CAD Test
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2005, 03:03:12 PM »
Well, we have ONE CAD test "done" and one on the way.

They're both Microstation guys and let's just say that one of them had a real hard time migrating back to AutoCAD, which kind of makes it unfair to him, but that's the point of having a test, right?!  To see if they're suited to work HERE...where we use AUTOCAD.  I'll post more later...

Bob Wahr

CAD Test
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2005, 03:06:02 PM »
I interviewed a guy that sat there looking at the test I gave him for a 1/2 hour without doing a thing.  Add to that the fact that he looked to be on the verge of the DTs and I took a pass on him.  Funny thing was that he sounded surprised.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
CAD Test
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
I would probably study the test too, before I got started ... but I don't think it would take me 30 minutes to figure out where to put my name ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

pmvliet

CAD Test
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2005, 01:49:42 PM »
I once interviewed at place and they had an interesting test. Up to this point, I had only worked on r12 for dos. The were running r14 for windows. I told them that up front and they said they didn't have r12 to load back on. I said "it doesn't matter".

they sat me at a computer with AutoCad running and gave me a couple 8.5x11 sheets with numbered instructions. It was pretty cookie cutter, #1, open drawing at this network location. #2, edit this titleblock attribute, #3 edit this note (mtext or dtext). Then reference this file (overlay) from this network location. Edit this other reference file. Basically many different/broad items that were to be done. There was some dimensioning to locate specific equipment and inserting blocks from a specific location.

They said, get as far as you can and you have as much time as you need. After 2.5 hours, I was done with just a couple questions and moments of confusion as I didn't understand what they were asking.  They had people who sat there for 6 hours and did not complete as much as I had.

They offered me the job on the spot and it was for good money but they wanted a minimum 55-60 hr work week and I wasn't interested in that @ the time.

Pieter