Author Topic: Select all layer change to single layer  (Read 300 times)

Mystogan

• Mosquito
Select all layer change to single layer
« on: May 21, 2024, 09:46:03 PM »
Hi to all,

I hope you can assist me in creating a Lisp routine that will systematically change all elements in the architectural layer within the drawing file to the XR layer and set their color to 252. This includes all entities such as blocks, text, etc.; everything must be moved to the XR layer.

The drawing should be purged afterward to remove any unused elements. The only exception to this change are the lighting fixtures, which the Lisp routine should prompt the user to specify.

I've attached the drawing file in AutoCAD 2018 format for your reference.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Select all layer change to single layer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 02:55:59 AM »
@Maystogan,
You have "LAYMRG" command... When Dialog Box pops up, you select all layers to merge, then hit enter, then choose "N" - name to merge layers to - I choose here "0" layer when another Dialog Box pops up... That's all...
In your case after merging to "0" layer, you should create "XR" layer and merge "0" with "XR", or create "XR" layer and simply select "ALL" and change layer property of all entities from "0" to "XR" layer...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: Select all layer change to single layer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 09:52:34 PM »
This is posted else where and the additional request was don't change "Light Furniture" I think it was Forums/autodesk. Also change all nested blocks.

A nuisance when posted at multiple forums.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything