Author Topic: Is it possible to generate SLB from SLD without using SLIBELIB.EXE?  (Read 521 times)

kozmos

• Newt
I am trying to create SLB from SLD, I have generated a bat to run slidelib.exe to do the task. However, sometimes calling the bat via startapp or shell.application will not create SLB, but double clicking bat will generate SLB as expected. I wonder why the startapp/Shell will not execute and if there is another way to create SLB from SLD.
KozMos Inc.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Is it possible to generate SLB from SLD without using SLIBELIB.EXE?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 08:28:59 AM »
All I can tell is that you may be able to execute *.bat (*.com) files through shortcut (*.lnk), but if you want it to be attachable to taskbar, you need to provide execution by calling explorer.exe or cmd.exe with switch /K before actual *.bat... And provide that into target line when you open Properties of *.lnk...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 05:33:09 PM »
Are you calling just the bat file name ? or full path, D:\\acadtemp\\my progs\\mybats\\mksldlb.bat
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

kozmos

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 08:30:43 PM »
Are you calling just the bat file name ? or full path, D:\\acadtemp\\my progs\\mybats\\mksldlb.bat
For sure I m using the full path. Just the bat will not create the SLB if it is called by startapp, I also have tried to use Shell.Application to execute it, sometimes it works, sometimes doesnot. That why I am seeking for a more reliable way to generate SLB.
KozMos Inc.

kozmos

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 08:51:06 PM »
All I can tell is that you may be able to execute *.bat (*.com) files through shortcut (*.lnk), but if you want it to be attachable to taskbar, you need to provide execution by calling explorer.exe or cmd.exe with switch /K before actual *.bat... And provide that into target line when you open Properties of *.lnk...
Thanks for your tips Rib, I have tested, calling the the lnk via explorer will always generate the SLB. The only annoying is the black cmd window fleshing for 1 or 2 seconds but it is acceptable.
KozMos Inc.

kozmos

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 10:51:44 PM »
By searching online, we can add "-windowStyle hidden" switch in argument to auto-hide the black window.
KozMos Inc.