Author Topic: Tool to synchronize the view in 2 drawings?  (Read 512 times)

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Tool to synchronize the view in 2 drawings?
« on: February 02, 2024, 04:15:06 AM »
Hi

I often have to to open two versions of a drawing side by side and have to "zoom and pan" a lot to compare the drawings. This is why I'm looking for a tool which synchronizes the view in both drawings:
- I'm zooming in drawing A.
- The tool zooms the same in drawing B.

There was a tool here
https://www.cadforum.cz/en/dwgsync-synchronized-co-viewing-of-multiple-dwgs-tip7925
but it is not active any more.

Do you know a similar tool?

Regards
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

danAllen

• Newt
Re: Tool to synchronize the view in 2 drawings?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 12:53:22 PM »
I don't have a tool. If I need to compare in CAD I would temporarily xref one to the other. If you are looking for minor changes between versions, create a layer state that changes one drawing layer colors to say bright yellow and the other to dark gray. Then reverse the colors.

Otherwise I use Bluebeam to view PDFs, and it has a sync view option for two windows, plus overlay/compare features.

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Re: Tool to synchronize the view in 2 drawings?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 03:53:16 AM »
Thanks @danAllen

for your reply, but I know some ways to compare and overlay. But in the current situation I would like to use two separately opened drawings.
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23