Author Topic: Binding issues  (Read 993 times)

Hangman

Binding issues
« on: July 07, 2005, 02:18:57 PM »
Howdy all,
I have a bit of an issue with the BIND command.
I have this posted over at the code side cause I'm running it in a lisp.
But I can duplicate the problem manually as well so I'm a think'n this topic should go here.

I'm running Vanillacad2005 on an XP pro system, 1024 meg-a-ram.
I draw my details individually and then xref them into a 3/4" D or E size sheet.  Then, when I send my dwgs out to clients, I bind the sheets.  Now my problem exists in the bind.  If I run the xref/bind/bind option, I get the layers labeled as:  drawing$0$object which, when emailing out, can be quite large if I have twenty plus details.  If I bind with the insert option, I get the layers labeled as:  'object'.   So obviously, if you have several details, they all use the same layer 'object' when you bind as an insert.  This is also for other attributes of the main sheet the details are being bound into.  Dim styles being one of them.

Now, here is my problem.  Some of my details, but not all, get extremely large arrow heads on the leaders.  Either very large arrow heads or no arrow head at all.
Now when I posted this over at the code arena, it was suggested that the details have different dim styles so as to not take on the style of the main sheet when bound.  However, first of all, this issue does not happen to all the details, it's a random number in a random place.  Secondly, if the main sheet is a 3/4" scale, and the details are 3/4" scale, it would not have any effect what so ever.  Another words, the dimscale and style are the same for both the details and the main sheet.

Does anyone have any idea's as to a fix for this ???
Has anyone run into this issue before ???
I'm not thinking of all the possible questions you may have, so please, throw them out and I'll try to keep you posted.

Thanks.

pmvliet

Binding issues
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 02:50:18 PM »
is it *just* the arrow head that is changing size? What is your text doing?
In your detail drawing and your plotted drawing, is your dimscale set the same? I would guess that you have different scaled details on your plotted drawing. So when it binds, it looks at the current dimscale and it tweaks your drawings?

Pieter

t-bear

Binding issues
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 07:00:43 PM »
have you considered e-transmit for sending out dwgs?  There is no need to bind which should solve the text & arrow problems.  When you set up the e-trans file, just be sure to check the "remove paths from xrefs".  Your customer places all files in one dir. and when he opens the main dwg, all xrefs will be there.......
We use this all the time and it is a great way to send xref'd files.