Code Red > .NET

Starting over

<< < (2/3) > >>

gile:
Hi,

I would not recommend starting with the "My First AutoCAD Plugin" tutorial.
This tutorial requires the use of "AutoCAD .NET Wizard" which is not always compatible with the versions of Visual Studio and AutoCAD used, while in my opinion it would be better to learn how to create a project for an AutoCAD plugin from scratch.
Moreover, this plugin is essentially based on Overrule, one of the most complex APIs in AutoCAD .NET.
I would advise to start with "AutoCAD.NET Training Labs" (on this page) and only tackle "My First AutoCAD Plugin" once you have the basics.

EDIT: I had forgotten, in addition, "My First Plugin" is written in VB :(

huiz:
This is a good book to start with:
https://a.co/d/ieexjxN

David Hall:
Thanks guys!  I downloaded the training, and will start back into this soon

kdub_nz:

--- Quote from: gile on April 25, 2023, 01:49:04 PM --->>>>
Moreover, this plugin is essentially based on Overrule, one of the most complex APIs in AutoCAD .NET.
I would advise to start with "AutoCAD.NET Training Labs" (on this page) and only tackle "My First AutoCAD Plugin" once you have the basics.

EDIT: I had forgotten, in addition, "My First Plugin" is written in VB :(

--- End quote ---

I agree with your recommended proposed start point Gilles.

//-------------------------
For what it's worth :

Copy of recent email to   myfirstplugin@autodesk.com

--- Quote ---The download links for resources are unresponsive.
For example:
lesson1_AutoCAD_2023_projects (zip - 24KB)
>>> An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.1d346d68.1682545257.12f2b1a2
<<<
As a side comment.
I believe these resources should also be available targeting C#.
This would meet the needs of developers who are familiar/conversant with that language. It would also be beneficial to beginners as C# knowledge will put them in a better position to gain employment and peer support.

Regards,
Kerry Brown

--- End quote ---

Perhaps similar requests from anyone who sees the need would achieve a more balanced learning situation.

Regards,

kdub_nz:

--- Quote from: David Hall on April 25, 2023, 09:42:22 AM ---Long story short, I have not used .Net for anything in years.  That being said, what are some good references to get my feet wet again?  I prefer C# over VB.Net, but I am open to whatever is the new thing.

--- End quote ---

Good to see you back in the trenches 'CmdrDuh
Stay well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version