Author Topic: Convert text/line to table  (Read 747 times)

kxmincey

• Mosquito
Convert text/line to table
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:51:05 AM »
The topic that contained the lsp in question has been inactive for quite some time now (https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=35884.msg597067#msg597067), so I started this new topic to hopefully get some assistance.

COT_Convert_Old_TableV1.5.lsp
(I am using this version as the table should always use the "Standard" Style and is always to have Title/headers suppressed. I couldn't figure out how to modify V1.6b to set those and not prompt the user)

First off let me say that this lisp is amazing. I have zero experience with Autolisp and this is almost exactly what I am looking for.

My question is two part. Without any programing experience with Autolisp myself I have no idea if they are simple or complex to implement. If they are minor tweaks to what has already been written I would appreciate the help. If they are complex simply pointing me in the direction to research it myself would be great. Or if someone knows of another AutoLisp that gets closer to what I am asking.
  • I would like for the output table to have the first and last rows removed. I will be merging all the tables from this lisp together into one large table, so this get's rid of garbage header/footer data.
  • Append a selected text to the end of every row on the table.
This text would always be outside the polylines used to create the table. Always located between the top and bottom line y coordinates of the lines used to create the table. It will always be on a layer named "name" which is unique to this text, and is different than the table data/lines which is always on a layer named "14"

example:
Line/text table on layer "14" number of rows will vary with possible blank rows however, will always consist of five columns:
|1 |2 |3 |4 |5|
|A |B |C |D |E|
|!  |@|# |$ |%|

A sixth column would need to be added that is populated by a single text entry found on layer "name" so that the output becomes:
|1 |2 |3 |4 |5  |bananas
|A |B |C |D |E  |bananas
|!  |@|# |$ |%|bananas

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: Convert text/line to table
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 02:59:18 AM »
Have you looked at "InsertColumns Method (ActiveX)"
A man who never made a mistake never made anything