Author Topic: BATCH REPLACE TITLE BLOCK WITHOUT HAVING TO INDIVIDUALLY PURGE EACH DRAWING  (Read 3696 times)

POWECAT

• Mosquito
First time Poster apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.

One of the more time consuming tasks I frequently come across is drawings with corrupted title blocks. The original creator did not put a unique attribute. Leaving many of the title block attributes RED. I am unable to run a batch attribute editor because it will change for instance every single REV attribute in the tile block. At this point I will edit all the attributes to have a unique identifier & then Use ATTSYNCH to update the attributes. I will then have to open each individual drawing delete the title block, purge and paste the new fixed block. Is there a way that I can run a batch block replacement saving the time of opening every drawing & purging?

57gmc

• Bull Frog
Not without getting into programming. If you can script the procedure for 1 dwg, then you can run the script withe ScriptPro do do the batch part. A script is just the characters you would enter at the command line. You use Notepad and save the file with an *.scr extension. It can also be run with the SCRIPT command.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
<snip> then you can run the script withe ScriptPro do do the batch part. </snip>

I recommend using my batchscript running thing instead of scriptpro; mine uses accoreconsole instead of launching another autocad process to run the script(s).

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=56891.msg605601#msg605601
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org