Author Topic: Could someone tell me if this is possible with LISP  (Read 704 times)

bharless72

• Mosquito
Could someone tell me if this is possible with LISP
« on: February 27, 2023, 11:41:13 PM »
I would like to create a program that can pull blocks from saved drawings based on user input data, insert them and manipulate their position into a current drawing. I don't know much about programming but such a program could be very beneficial at work. It would have to use a userform to gather data. I am really wondering if VLISP is the right choice for this or if I am wasting my time. If this sounds doable then if you could suggest resources to learn that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: Could someone tell me if this is possible with LISP
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 12:11:39 AM »
I think C# might be a better choice because you can load the saved drawings as a side database and move around in it pretty easily

You ‘can’ use lisp to do what you want though, start here http://www.lee-mac.com/odbxbase.html

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 05:52:48 PM »
It has been solved get a copy of www.Lee-mac.com  Steal.lsp it allows you to steal a block from another closed dwg. It can be called from a lisp with the dwg name and block name, then can insert where you want.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 06:12:36 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations both.

Here is another example, very tailored to the OP's description of the task.