Author Topic: The Clone Wars  (Read 711 times)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
The Clone Wars
« on: November 21, 2022, 04:57:18 AM »
Iím reconsidering trying to support all the clones. Whether or not to have a really polished module, well tested.. or have code littered with #ifdefs and workaround hacks.

Or maybe I should change my approach the create refined modules for acad, then back port to other platforms. Trying to support them all during creation is tough, testing, making support requests, reproducible samples , deciding on the features to drop because they donít work.

Then thereís the whole installer thingÖ Iím like totally done writing to the registry. .bundles are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

/end rant
Retired

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
Re: The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 11:17:22 AM »
Agreed on the bundles. I was supporting BricsCAD until I updated my installer and had to figure out how to write to the registry instead of just copying a bundle somewhere.

Maybe I'll get around to it, but it's extra friction.

kdub

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: The Clone Wars
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 02:59:53 PM »
Iím reconsidering trying to support all the clones. Whether or not to have a really polished module, well tested.. or have code littered with #ifdefs and workaround hacks.

Or maybe I should change my approach the create refined modules for acad, then back port to other platforms. Trying to support them all during creation is tough, testing, making support requests, reproducible samples , deciding on the features to drop because they donít work.

Then thereís the whole installer thingÖ Iím like totally done writing to the registry. .bundles are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

/end rant

:idea:   Option 2
called Kerry in my other life

Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

I don't really work crazy hours . . I just live at UTC + 13.00
#ridesober