Author Topic: Changing parcel segment elevations  (Read 2544 times)

sdunn

• Newt
Changing parcel segment elevations
« on: November 11, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »
I am trying to change the elevations of parcel segment vertices in Civil 3D via .net.  I don't see a writable property or a built-in method in either COM and .NET to change the elevation values.  I have also tried casting the segments to Curves, but that fails. 

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
Stacy

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Changing parcel segment elevations
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 01:33:43 PM »
Stacy, I never have elevations assigned to my parcel segments so I haven't had a need to do this. If I were to try this, I would get the parcel segment, get the start and end point XY's, delete the segment, than add the segment back with the AddLine or AddCurve methods...all using COM. An arc segment would be a bit complicated since the ParcelSegment doesn't give any of the arc data. As finicky as Parcels are, I would be hesitant to actually try this.

sdunn

• Newt
Re: Changing parcel segment elevations
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 10:41:56 PM »
Jeff,

We have had issues where users have accidentally created parcels from linework that was at elevation.  They don't realize it until they have already annotated lots.

I don't really see a good way to do it with code, so they will need to stick to using a temporary surface and applying elevations from surface.

Thank you for your help.

Stacy