Author Topic: Old Code convert to LISP  (Read 1094 times)

zarkonator

• Mosquito
Old Code convert to LISP
« on: July 22, 2022, 04:09:51 PM »
Hey all,

I was given a code to a powerful program written during the XP days for an AUTOCAD Panel Creator. I loaded the menus and the macros to AutoCAD, mind you, this was written before there was even a Ribbon feature, and none of the commands written in the macros were recognized by AutoCAD and the whole thing crapped itself.

I am looking for a way to take the code in a .CUI file for the macros and install the macro prompts to AutoCAD to recognize it as a LISP...

I haven't made a LISP before but I am banking on there being a way to take this code and transfer it into a LISP making process that would allow AutoCAD 2023 to load it.

If you can help me make this work and you're into panels, this will be a great tool for you to use as well!!!

This is my first post by the way, nice to meet you all!!

Thanks in advance,
Zach

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Old Code convert to LISP
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 04:23:48 PM »
I don't believe that attached *.arx files are compatible with AutoCAD 2023...
There on www are compilations made to work and for recent versions of CAD programs - it's pretty easy to follow for what release are created - 2004 suffix forecast that probably files work on very old versions... There is : AutoLISP function for checking operational built-in software compatibility and there is also group of registry folders/keys from which you could pull out reference notes about corresponding plugins that may work in your environment ... Start->Run->regedit.exe (Windows OS)...
Also if you haven't noticed before, *.cui file is just compound module for storing data related to customization of environment you plan to use in CAD... You can simply rename *.cui to *.zip file and regularly extract files that are composed in original *.cui... So you can see what data references what in situation when you want to alter or see what do you need exactly...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 04:33:09 PM by ribarm »
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

zarkonator

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 04:50:05 PM »
Thank you for pointing those out. I am wondering, is there a way to convert .arx files to .lsp?

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 09:53:37 PM »
The doslib is available for 2023 a new version. The other ARX file has been compiled for 2004 so would maybe need to be re compiled with current libraries.

I opened the cui and yeah lots of toolbars with missing icons so may be even more problems.

You need to contact who wrote it in 1st place.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 09:56:53 PM by BIGAL »
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 06:52:38 PM »
Thank you for pointing those out. I am wondering, is there a way to convert .arx files to .lsp?
No,  If you have the sources *.cpp, then You can recompile--again.
The solution exists, but the price $, from the eMarket, is to high, because you need
decompile the "objectdcl2004.arx"
My solution you install AutoCad2004 very fun.
Many Hacker/s can decompile. but the reverse *.arx to *.cpp, only inside the country Chinese, otherwise is too hard, and again remake him.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:57:35 PM by d2010 »