Author Topic: How did they make this reactor work? - Reverse Engineering  (Read 745 times)

gumbtg

• Mosquito
How did they make this reactor work? - Reverse Engineering
« on: July 22, 2022, 09:09:58 AM »
Please watch the attached Gif
Does anyone have any idea how they made the following behavior?

Context:
Entity is a block of a custom type
When you grab the grip of block, it stretches another line within the block
The block has not dynamic parameters. Only attributes.
This behavior was created by a 3rd part plug-in known as DesignMaster

What's interesting is that within Block Editor there are no grip or strecth parameters. Only Attributes. Which tells me they are possibly adding a reactor to the block? Do you agree? I dont even know how you have all these grips for a block without point parameters.

When I investigate the reactors within the dwg, I do find one that I believe to be the owner of the block in question.

Just kinda curious if anyone has any idea how one would design this functionality. Im impressed. Thanks!
I have attached the drawing below
I have attached the lisp routine I used to investigate the reactors within the drawing and for the block
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 02:43:05 PM by gumbtg »

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: How did they make this reactor work? - Reverse Engineering
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 06:33:02 PM »
The object in question is not a block reference, but rather a custom entity created using ObjectARX (which is rendered as a proxy object when viewed in an application in which the add-on in question is not installed); as such, this is far beyond the realms of the LISP API (though, it could be loosely imitated in LISP through the use of VL Reactors).