Author Topic: Select Parcels by polyline  (Read 1740 times)

sdunn

• Newt
Select Parcels by polyline
« on: June 29, 2022, 09:36:00 PM »
I am trying to duplicate the functionality that is used by the built in commands using the polyline option for selection.

EDITPARCELNUMBERS  Specify start point or [Polylines/Site]:

I am trying to select parcels by first selecting a polyline and using ed.SelectFence.  This only works as long as the parcel hatch is visible or the polyline passes through the area selection label.    The built in option doesn't seem to have the same issue that SelectFence does.

I have also tried getting each parcelsegment that is found crossing the polyline, but I can find how to get a parcel from its segment entity in .net.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Stacy

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Select Parcels by polyline
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 02:43:10 PM »
Stacy, I hadn't looked into this before so this is how I think I would go about it. Create a Class ParcelPolys to hold the Parcel Number and Polyline. Have the user select the Site, then create a list of the ParcelPolys by looping through the parcels in the Site and creating a Polyline from the ParcelLoops[0] loop. You can then use those Polylines with the Fence to find which get intersected. I don't have time to write any code right now, but if this makes no sense to you I can work on it over the weekend.

sdunn

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 09:32:36 PM »
Jeff,

Thank you for the help with accomplishing the task.  No need for you to work on it.

Thank you again.

Stacy

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 06:44:58 AM »
You must share a demo as Drawing.dwg
How to upload
You make a video , manually on youtube.com, and the program make exactly same
steps as this video/mp4.