Author Topic: Strange Lisp Loading Issue  (Read 1163 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Strange Lisp Loading Issue
« on: April 01, 2022, 05:57:34 PM »
I have a routine that checks if a file is open on a remote server and if it is, it only allows the file to open as read only.

This works fine if I manually load the routine after the file is fully opened, then if it open on a remote server, it will reopen the file as read only and close the other version.

But if I try to use this in acaddoc.lsp or any other autoloading method, then if you try to open the drawing remotely, it fails to do so.

Anyone have any ideas or is there a way to wait until the file is fully opened before autoloading a routine?

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Strange Lisp Loading Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 03:51:19 AM »
I don't know, but have you considered (autoload) function instead of ordinary (load) in your acaddoc.lsp...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 12:04:32 PM »
I don't know, but have you considered (autoload) function instead of ordinary (load) in your acaddoc.lsp...
In this case, autoload isn't appropriate, as this needs to load with every single drawing before anyone works on it.

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 04:59:04 AM »
Anyone have any ideas or is there a way to wait until the file is fully opened before autoloading a routine?
If your programe.lisp work fine after you open a Drawing.dwg, without Autoload..
tzxThen, You cannot fix the issue, because You need wait AutoCAD.exe re-initialize
Internet-Socket.
Inside of  all winowXP+ , the function re-initialize the Socket of internet, have same delay 3...9seconds.
(You corect think. if your Win10, have the Bitdefender installed, the  Antivirus must re-check, again, again, check the internet-connection...
 for virus. :yelling:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 05:02:11 AM by d2010 »

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 11:49:53 AM »
If your programe.lisp work fine after you open a Drawing.dwg, without Autoload..
tzxThen, You cannot fix the issue, because You need wait AutoCAD.exe re-initialize
Internet-Socket.
Inside of  all winowXP+ , the function re-initialize the Socket of internet, have same delay 3...9seconds.
(You corect think. if your Win10, have the Bitdefender installed, the  Antivirus must re-check, again, again, check the internet-connection...
 for virus. :yelling:
Well, for Antivirus, we just use Windows built-in tools, it gives us the least problems and does a good job. I do wonder though, would adding say a 10 second delay in my code do the trick?