Author Topic: TrueType Fonts in AutoCAD (Win 10, 1809 or later!)  (Read 2662 times)

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
TrueType Fonts in AutoCAD (Win 10, 1809 or later!)
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:25:28 AM »
Since Windows 10, build 1809, users without local admin rights have been able to install TTF - but instead of the font being copied to (and referenced from) C:\Windows\Fonts, fonts added/installed this way are sent to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\fonts

Having said that, I have run across a situation where an existing drawing contains a special, unique TTF. It's been working fine for weeks, months, etc.All of a sudden, when someone opened this drawing, the text that uses this special TTF does not show. Oddly, a small glyph shows up instead (larger than a point, and it never changes in size, no matter what zoom level). I should also mention that NO font substitution had taken place, no mention of it during file open, no yellow shield in STYLE (as if the font were missing). All appears normal except for the missing text.

Further research turns up that on this PC, this particular font was installed by the user and therefore ended up in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\fonts
After a reboot, it works fine thought.

Anyone run across anything like this?   :idiot2:

(P.S. - I cannot recreate this issue with a new TTF - which of course adds the mystery)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 10:29:02 AM by rkmcswain »