CAD Forums > CAD General

Autocad Plotted PDF with transparency will not print

(1/2) > >>

alanjt:
I've been dealing with this issue for some time.
I have a plan with multiple hatches, set with various transparencies.
If I create a PDF (using DWG to PDF.pc3) with 'plot transparency' checked, the PDF looks fine, but when if I send the PDF to the actual plotter, Adobe crashes or part of the PDF will print.
If I uncheck the 'plot transparency' and create a PDF, this PDF will print to the plotter without issue (except the hatch all looks terrible).

Is anyone else dealing with this issue or able to plot large maps with several objects using transparencies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ronjonp:
Are you using Bluebeam nevermind see that you are using Adobe...

There is a print setting in Bluebeam under advanced where I change printing engine from Image / Vector / Grid to only Image and that has helped me in the past. Not sure if Adobe has a similar setting?

alanjt:
I cannot seem to find such a setting. Will keep digging.
It's just so bizarre. I can't be the only one suffering from this.

steve.carson:
I've never seen that issue and we do create large maps and sometimes use hatches with transparency. Have you tried a different pc3? We (as a company) stopped using DWG to PDF.pc3 a while back. I had assumed autodesk took it away because it isn't even on our systems anymore. Could be that my cadd manager got rid of it. We use "AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3". In the past I've used PDFill for pdf printing too.

alanjt:

--- Quote from: steve.carson on February 22, 2022, 02:58:38 PM ---I've never seen that issue and we do create large maps and sometimes use hatches with transparency. Have you tried a different pc3? We (as a company) stopped using DWG to PDF.pc3 a while back. I had assumed autodesk took it away because it isn't even on our systems anymore. Could be that my cadd manager got rid of it. We use "AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3". In the past I've used PDFill for pdf printing too.

--- End quote ---
I tried that also. It prints to PDF fine, but when I try and print the PDF with Adobe, it just sits at "flattening" and if/when it finally comes out of the plotter, it only prints part of the document.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version