Author Topic: Plug-in licensing  (Read 3103 times)

LogicTools

• Newt
Plug-in licensing
« on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:15 AM »
I have been reading in this forum about licensing and various ways of linking the license to the user's hardware, like hard drive, motherboard, mac address, etc.
There are many examples in the forum of functions, mostly scripting ones, to obtain information of those different computer parts, even Bricscad has built-ins that get serials from hardware.
At the same time, I also read that some people are skeptic if those functions will always return a valid information.
Sharing your experiences on the subject will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

mhupp

• Bull Frog
Re: Plug-in licensing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:00:21 AM »
I wouldn't just rely on just one variable. no reason to combine them for a unique identifier.
mac address + username + LICKEY
So even if one is nil you will have something.

LogicTools

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 05:33:36 PM »
Thanks mhupp. Sorry I was most of the day out and it took me a while to respond.
Yes I think that using more than one variable could be the way to go.
In your experience, has the mac address been reliable in returning a not nil value most of the times?

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »
It’s a real pain I tell ya! I’ve been researching the various app stores.

Autodesk has the Entitlement API, which is supercool from a developer’s perspective.
BricsCAD, well I think you need to pre upload keys, so I don’t see how to use hardware info like a MAC address.
Haven’t looked in depth at any of the other stores.

Keep it simple, I had one application that I went ballistic on, people are still using the software after 20 years, which is pretty crazy. I had a request to do an update after 15 years and I could not remember WTF I did, so yeah, I just ripped all the license stuff out.

Now I’m thinking just some encrypted key, like a song verse

Code - C: [Select]
  1. TmV2ZXIgZ29ubmEgZ2l2ZSB5b3UgdXAKTmV2ZXIgZ29ubmEgbGV0IHlvdSBkb3duCk5ldmVyIGdvbm5hIHJ1biBhcm91bmQgYW5kIGRlc2VydCB5b3UKTmV2ZXIgZ29ubmEgbWFrZSB5b3UgY3J5Ck5ldmVyIGdvbm5hIHNheSBnb29kYnllCk5ldmVyIGdvbm5hIHRlbGwgYSBsaWUgYW5kIGh1cnQgeW91

Of course I'll use real encryption..

PS Bonus points if you can crack it

baitang36

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:41 PM »

Autodesk has the Entitlement API, which is supercool from a developer’s perspective.
BricsCAD, well I think you need to pre upload keys, so I don’t see how to use hardware info like a MAC address.

Keep it simple, I had one application that I went ballistic on, people are still using the software after 20 years, which is pretty crazy. I had a request to do an update after 15 years and I could not remember WTF I did, so yeah, I just ripped all the license stuff out.

1. TmV2ZXIgZ29ubmEgZ2l2ZSB5b3UgdXAKTmV2ZXIgZ29ubmEgbGV0IHlvdSBkb3duCk5ldmVyIGdvbm5hIHJ1biBhcm91bmQgYW5kIGRlc2VydCB5b3UKTmV2ZXIgZ29ubmEgbWFrZSB5b3UgY3J5Ck5ldmVyIGdvbm5hIHNheSBnb29kYnllCk5ldmVyIGdvbm5hIHRlbGwgYSBsaWUgYW5kIGh1cnQgeW91

Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. VGhpcyBlbmNyeXB0aW9uIHVzZXMgdGhlIGJhc2U2NCBhbGdvcml0aG0g
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:05:40 AM by baitang36 »

mhupp

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 10:11:04 PM »
In your experience, has the mac address been reliable in returning a not nil value most of the times?

I haven made anything for sale yet. only really date lock my programs about 6 months down the road. I think i saw something on here that you could look at a website or something to check if it was still active.

fyi

http://net-informations.com/q/mis/wmic.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:51:20 PM by mhupp »

baitang36

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 10:17:04 PM »
I have been reading in this forum about licensing and various ways of linking the license to the user's hardware, like hard drive, motherboard, mac address, etc.
There are many examples in the forum of functions, mostly scripting ones, to obtain information of those different computer parts, even Bricscad has built-ins that get serials from hardware.
At the same time, I also read that some people are skeptic if those functions will always return a valid information.
Sharing your experiences on the subject will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Read the hardware information and generate the registration code through a complex calculation. This is a very mature technology, and there are many programs in use. However, there is a problem with this method. Enter a false registration code arbitrarily, and the real registration code can be found in memory.

baitang36

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 10:21:30 PM »

I haven made anything for sale yet. only really date lock my programs about 6 months down the road. I think i saw something on here that you could look at a website or something to check if it was still active.
I have developed a FAS encryption tool, which can protect the source code of LSP and prevent it from being decompiled. There is also a tool that can shell Fas files like EXE file encryption, which can package many layers of shells.
This file is shelled     http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=57309.0;attach=38931

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 10:32:58 PM »

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

You’ve been rick rolled buddy!  :-D

baitang36

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 12:09:41 AM »

U29ycnksIEkgZG9uJ3QgdW5kZXJzdGFuZC4gTXkgRW5nbGlzaCBpcyBwb29yIA==

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 01:06:17 AM »

U29ycnksIEkgZG9uJ3QgdW5kZXJzdGFuZC4gTXkgRW5nbGlzaCBpcyBwb29yIA==

It's just some old joke, no worries

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 05:12:14 AM »
so, you can use the entitlement API if you're selling your application on the auto desk store.

example
Code - Lisp: [Select]
  1. (defun c:doit ( / appid errobj msg res stat userid webobj)
  2.   (vl-load-com)
  3.   (setq appid (getstring T "\nEnter AppId To Test CheckEntitlement: "))
  4.   (setq userid (getvar "ONLINEUSERID"))
  5.   (setq msg (strcat "https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/webservices/checkentitlement?userid=" userid "&appid=" userid))
  6.   (setq webObj nil stat nil res nil)
  7.   (setq webObj (vlax-invoke-method (vlax-get-acad-object) 'GetInterfaceObject "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1"))
  8.   (vlax-invoke-method webObj 'Open "GET" msg :vlax-false)
  9.   (setq errobj (vl-catch-all-apply 'vlax-invoke-method (list webObj 'Send)))
  10.   (if (null (vl-catch-all-error-p errobj))
  11.     (progn
  12.       (setq stat (vlax-get-property webObj 'Status))
  13.       (if (= stat 200)
  14.         (progn
  15.           (setq res (vlax-get-property webObj 'ResponseText))
  16.         )
  17.         (princ (strcat "\n!!! WEB server error: " (vlax-get-property webObj 'StatusText) "!!!"))
  18.       )
  19.     )
  20.     (princ (strcat "\n!!! WEB server error:\n" (vl-catch-all-error-message errobj)))
  21.   )
  22.   res
  23. )

1. Enter AppId To Test CheckEntitlement: appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:autodesk360:en
  2. "{\"UserId\":\"XXXXXXXXX\",\"AppId\":\"XXXXXXXXX\",\"IsValid\":false,\"Message\":\"Ok\"}"

if I would have paid for autodesk360 on the Autodesk store, is valid would be true. pretty neato

junlele

• Mosquito
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 07:41:32 AM »
hi buddy peace "R29kIGxvdmUgdSBhbGw="

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 08:23:38 AM »

Code: [Select]
TVAgd291bGQgYmUgcHJvdWQ=

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 08:43:30 AM »
VGhpcyBlbmNyeXB0aW9uIHVzZXMgdGhlIGJhc2U2NCBhbGdvcml0aG0g
R29kIGxvdmUgdSBhbGw=
TVAgd291bGQgYmUgcHJvdWQ=

I apologize for my great ignorance,
but ...

how do you calculate this code ?

and then how is it used to decrypt ?

is there no relation to what vl-string-translate does?