Author Topic: coding help request  (Read 470 times)

EricARCH

• Mosquito
coding help request
« on: January 08, 2022, 08:01:44 PM »
I have been running a 2017 version of AutoCAD along with a third party custom ARX file.  I have upgraded to the latest version of AutoCAD and now the ARX file is outdated.  I do not have the contact information of the original coder only the current file.  I would like someone with programing experience to rewrite the ARX to work with AutoCAD22.  Please let me know if you are interested.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 08:27:33 PM by EricARCH »

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: coding help request
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 08:27:53 PM »
I think that was mine, I'll look for the source
Retired

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:31:58 PM »
I think this is the source here;
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=21875.msg264050#msg264050

does this look right?
Retired

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 08:52:00 PM »
See if this is it, if so you can make a copy of the source in the link above
Retired

EricARCH

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 12:52:43 AM »
Your reply could be an absolute miracle!  I had NO leads on where to go with this.  Furthermore, and to my detriment, I am a lowly user, not a programmer.  I just fiddle around with things until the "code probe" makes AutoCAD flinch the way I would like.  It's like a bad science project for me and you could be the real teacher.  I have basically followed a coworker over the years and he has shown me how to do things.  Our relationship is no longer in place as I have moved on to other employment.  As I said, I have installed a new version of CAD and am dead in the water with bunch of lisp routines I really want to use.  What I understand is that in order to use my pile of lisp routines, I need to have some code burrow into or link up to the base code of AutoCAD.  I believe the CrpARX24.64.arx is this linking code.  I may be out in left field with this concept.  Please help me understand, and I apologize in advance, as I have little experience with these things.

Here's what I found with your ARX file:  I have saved it to a folder that has several lisp routines - my "master" lisp that loads the ARX now references the new version (CrpARX24.64).arx.  (note: I added the parentheses to the name so as to match my master lisp code.)  I can pop into the AutoCAD 2022 APPLOAD dialog box and load the (CrpARX24.64).arx, or at least it says "successfully loaded."  I assume it is working.  However, when I load my master lisp that references (CrpARX24.64).arx I get:

$Load {CAD}-Visibility.lsp successfully loaded.
Command: ; error: ARXLOAD failed

Here is the code for my "master" lisp named: $Load {CAD}-Visibility.lsp  Are you willing to help-a-hack figure this out?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/------------- - -------------\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
(vl-load-com)

;Alerts
(if (/= (getvar "pstylemode") 0)
   (progn
      (princ ";") (print)
      (princ "                           This Drawing Uses COLOR-DEPENDENT PLOT STYLES") (print)
      (princ ";") (print)
      (princ)
   );progn
);if

(defun if-load (fn) (if (findfile fn) (load fn (strcat fn " failed to load!!!"))) (princ))

(if-load "+Main.lsp")
(if-load "ActiveX Tools.lsp")
(if-load "Block Tools.lsp")
(if-load "Lisp Tools.lsp")

(if-load "Block Standards.lsp")
(if-load "Controls.lsp")
(arxload "(CrpARX24.64).arx")
(if-load "DCL.lsp")
(if-load "Dimensions.lsp")
(if-load "Hatch - Elevation.lsp")
(if-load "Hatch - Floorplan.lsp")
(if-load "Hatch - Tools.lsp")
(if-load "Layer Standards.lsp")
(if-load "Main.lsp")
(if-load "Modify.lsp")
(if-load "Optional.lsp")
(if-load "Show.lsp")
(if-load "VPShow.lsp")

(defun c:lv () (vl-load-all "$Load {CAD}-Visibility.lsp"))

(setvar "cmdecho" 0)

;\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/------------- - -------------\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
(princ "{CAD}-Visibility Loaded")
(print)
;\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/------------- - -------------\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:18:32 AM by EricARCH »

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 04:19:22 AM »
It should load, so start with this.

options, add a support path
then try (arxload "CrpARX24.64.arx") on the command line
verify with (ARX)

if this works, then we can visit your lisp loader

Retired

EricARCH

• Mosquito
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 07:03:54 PM »
It worked!  I believe I am up and running - sweet.  I'll get back to you if I run into a snag, but it appears to be functioning as expected.

I can't believe I ran into you - a coding needle in the hay stack for sure!

THANK YOU.  THANK YOU!!!   Nice Karma coming your way.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 04:30:41 AM »
 :lol: glad it was useful, save a copy of the source project, just in case, I'm getting old  :lmao: :)
Retired