Author Topic: DRAFTSight  (Read 2869 times)

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
DRAFTSight
« on: January 04, 2022, 01:17:02 PM »
I saw a video that illustrates some features of CATIA by DASSAULT SYSTÈMES
. . .
it is very AWESOME!

Now there is DRAFTSight which is CATIA's little (much younger) brother.

But still we are in the family.

And it seems that DRAFTSight is compatible with VisualLisp
(I don't know if it is compatible with OpenDCL...
On the OpenDCL site there is nothing about it ...)

But it might be interesting to investigate how compatible DRAFTSight is,
how is the LISP environment,
if it is under development as for BricsCAD,
if it is of quality, and if it is compatible with OpenDCL ....

Do any of you know anything?

What do you think ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:26:20 PM by domenicomaria »

mhupp

• Bull Frog
Re: DRAFTSight
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 04:14:56 PM »
domenicomaria you mind linking to the video.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »
All of the clones run on ODA libraries, including DRAFTSight, but ODA doesn’t have its own lisp engine, so each clone ships their own.
BricsCAD probably has the best lisp engine of any of the clones, though to be honest I’ve never tested all of them.

OpenCDL is an ARX module, both BricsCAD and ZwCad have ARX clones, which allows OpenDCL to be ported.

I do test many of the clones from a C++ perspective. All have very complete access to the drawing database, but none are complete as far as
Accessing the host Application and Editor, BricsCAD and ZwCad are probably the most complete.

for cheap, I like CMS Intellicad, tho it's missing features.

I’ve I had to choose a clone to do work on, I’d pick BricsCAD, ZwCad is a close second.

Also, for real drafting work, I absolutely must have a perpetual license.

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 11:17:08 PM »
domenicomaria you mind linking to the video.

https://www.3ds.com/products-services/catia/products/3dexperience/whats-new/

this is a video that demonstrates the functionality of CATIA and not of DraftSight

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 11:22:03 PM »

I’ve I had to choose a clone to do work on, I’d pick BricsCAD, ZwCad is a close second.

Also, for real drafting work, I absolutely must have a perpetual license.

Sure BricsCAD, with a perpetual license
is the best choice and that's what I'll probably do soon.

I am very curious about DraftSight,
because it is the very little brother of the giant CATIA
and that could mean something very interesting. . .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:37:37 PM by domenicomaria »

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 12:43:22 AM »
I do test many of the clones from a C++ perspective. All have very complete access to the drawing database, but none are complete as far as
Accessing the host Application and Editor, BricsCAD and ZwCad are probably the most complete.

Daniel, excellent info in your post.  TY.
New tread (not retired) - public repo at https://github.com/pkohut

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 01:54:09 AM »
I am very curious about DraftSight,
because it is the very little brother of the giant CATIA

however I am aware that
DraftSight and CATIA are completely different,
and it is not correct to say that they are brothers
but in any case they are both sons of DASSAULT SYSTÈMES
and this may suggest that DraftSight
may evolve in an interesting way

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 02:13:27 AM »
but in any case they are both sons of DASSAULT SYSTÈMES
and this may suggest that DraftSight
may evolve in an interesting way

It’s my understanding that DraftSight was meant to be a free, simple cad app for DS users to work and view .DWG files
I think it was actually created by Graebert, source https://www.digitalengineering247.com/article/graebert-technology-enables-dassault-systemes-draftsight-to-advance-interoperability

Graebert ARES Commander, is a pretty solid CAD platform.
Probably worth checking out.

I tried DraftSight when it first came out, definitely works as advertised. I don't know if DS is actually coding it, or Graebert is still OEM

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 02:19:22 AM »

Retired, I spend my life downloading CAD demos and writing silly programs   :lmao:

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 02:22:51 AM »

Retired, I spend my life downloading CAD demos and writing silly programs   :lmao:

haha, saw your post in the middle of Dec 2021 for your Delaney stuff in the Intellicad forum.  NICE!!!
New tread (not retired) - public repo at https://github.com/pkohut

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 02:45:37 AM »
I discovered that SolidWorks
is compatible with VisualLisp !

(and OpenDCL ?)

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 03:16:47 AM »
Where did you saw that ?
AFAIK Solidworks supports VBA and .NET but none LISP dialect.
Speaking English as a French Frog

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 05:37:03 AM »
Where did you saw that ?
AFAIK Solidworks supports VBA and .NET but none LISP dialect.
https://help.solidworks.com/2021/english/api/draftsightlispreference/vlisp/vl_overview.htm

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 06:21:01 AM »
Nice!
I learned something, thank-you.
Speaking English as a French Frog

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 09:11:59 AM »
Nice!
I learned something, thank-you.
SolidWorks can execute the program "pp_angelitpsym_desktop.lsp"?
DraftSight can run the programe named "pp_angelitpsym_desktop.lsp"?
NanoCad can execute pp_angelitpsym_desktop.lsp?

Code: [Select]
You need more additional-tester/s Lisp near the main program pp_angelitpsym_desktop.lsp.

Code: [Select]
(Defun VarCompatible_with_SolidWork(/ )
 (prompt "\nNow getvarChecking with your SolidWork/DraftSight")
 (if (null (getvar "TEMPPREFIX")) (princ "\n[TEMPPREFIX]=eNotExists in-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "XLOADPATH")) (princ "\n[XLOADPATH]=eNotExists in-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "PROGRAM")) (princ "\n[PROGRAM]=eNotExists in-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ACADVER")) (princ "\n[ACADVER]=eNotExists in-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "MODEMACRO")) (princ "\n[MODEMACRO]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "UCSICON")) (princ "\n[UCSICON]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ISAVEBAK")) (princ "\n[ISAVEBAK]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "SAVETIME")) (princ "\n[SAVETIME]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "BLIPMODE")) (princ "\n[BLIPMODE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "UNDOCTL")) (princ "\n[UNDOCTL]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CMDECHO")) (princ "\n[CMDECHO]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMZIN")) (princ "\n[DIMZIN]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LUPREC")) (princ "\n[LUPREC]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CLAYER")) (princ "\n[CLAYER]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CDATE")) (princ "\n[CDATE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LIMMIN")) (princ "\n[LIMMIN]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LIMMAX")) (princ "\n[LIMMAX]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "VSMIN")) (princ "\n[VSMIN]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "VSMAX")) (princ "\n[VSMAX]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ANGDIR")) (princ "\n[ANGDIR]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "AUNITS")) (princ "\n[AUNITS]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMAUNIT")) (princ "\n[DIMAUNIT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMDEC")) (princ "\n[DIMDEC]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMJUST")) (princ "\n[DIMJUST]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LUNITS")) (princ "\n[LUNITS]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LWUNITS")) (princ "\n[LWUNITS]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ANGBASE")) (princ "\n[ANGBASE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "AUPREC")) (princ "\n[AUPREC]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "OSMODE")) (princ "\n[OSMODE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "OLEQUALITY")) (princ "\n[OLEQUALITY]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CECOLOR")) (princ "\n[CECOLOR]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "TEXTSTYLE")) (princ "\n[TEXTSTYLE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LIMCHECK")) (princ "\n[LIMCHECK]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ELEVATION")) (princ "\n[ELEVATION]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "THICKNESS")) (princ "\n[THICKNESS]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LTSCALE")) (princ "\n[LTSCALE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMUNIT")) (princ "\n[DIMUNIT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSD1")) (princ "\n[DIMSD1]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSD2")) (princ "\n[DIMSD2]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMASO")) (princ "\n[DIMASO]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMTXSTY")) (princ "\n[DIMTXSTY]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMTXT")) (princ "\n[DIMTXT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSE1")) (princ "\n[DIMSE1]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSE2")) (princ "\n[DIMSE2]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMTAD")) (princ "\n[DIMTAD]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMALT")) (princ "\n[DIMALT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMCLRT")) (princ "\n[DIMCLRT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMTIX")) (princ "\n[DIMTIX]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSAH")) (princ "\n[DIMSAH]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSOXD")) (princ "\n[DIMSOXD]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSCALE")) (princ "\n[DIMSCALE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMLFAC")) (princ "\n[DIMLFAC]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMADEC")) (princ "\n[DIMADEC]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMTFAC")) (princ "\n[DIMTFAC]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ORTHOMODE")) (princ "\n[ORTHOMODE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CELTYPE")) (princ "\n[CELTYPE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CMDNAMES")) (princ "\n[CMDNAMES]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LASTPOINT")) (princ "\n[LASTPOINT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "TILEMODE")) (princ "\n[TILEMODE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CVPORT")) (princ "\n[CVPORT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "VIEWSIZE")) (princ "\n[VIEWSIZE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "SNAPMODE")) (princ "\n[SNAPMODE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "VIEWCTR")) (princ "\n[VIEWCTR]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "INSUNITS")) (princ "\n[INSUNITS]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "AXISMODE")) (princ "\n[AXISMODE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "MEASUREMENT")) (princ "\n[MEASUREMENT]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LWDISPLAY")) (princ "\n[LWDISPLAY]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMSTYLE")) (princ "\n[DIMSTYLE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DWGPREFIX")) (princ "\n[DWGPREFIX]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "AREA")) (princ "\n[AREA]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "PERIMETER")) (princ "\n[PERIMETER]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMPOST")) (princ "\n[DIMPOST]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMAPOST")) (princ "\n[DIMAPOST]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DIMDSEP")) (princ "\n[DIMDSEP]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "TEXTSIZE")) (princ "\n[TEXTSIZE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "SCREENSIZE")) (princ "\n[SCREENSIZE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ATTREQ")) (princ "\n[ATTREQ]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CIRCLERAD")) (princ "\n[CIRCLERAD]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "PICKBOX")) (princ "\n[PICKBOX]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "VIEWTWIST")) (princ "\n[VIEWTWIST]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "TARGET")) (princ "\n[TARGET]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "VIEWDIR")) (princ "\n[VIEWDIR]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "TREEDEPTH")) (princ "\n[TREEDEPTH]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "PLATFORM")) (princ "\n[PLATFORM]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "ACADPREFIX")) (princ "\n[ACADPREFIX]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "MENUNAME")) (princ "\n[MENUNAME]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LOGINNAME")) (princ "\n[LOGINNAME]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "LOGFILENAME")) (princ "\n[LOGFILENAME]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "PLOTID")) (princ "\n[PLOTID]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "DWGNAME")) (princ "\n[DWGNAME]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "PICKFIRST")) (princ "\n[PICKFIRST]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "CMDACTIVE")) (princ "\n[CMDACTIVE]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "FILEDIA")) (princ "\n[FILEDIA]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
 (if (null (getvar "_PKSER")) (princ "\n[_PKSER]=eNotExistsin-DRAFTSight.exe"))
)
(grread)
(if (Equal (getInt "\nInitrd02[02-Yes/0-No]=") 02) (C:initrd02) (terpri))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 01:44:15 PM by d2010 »