Author Topic: Should I continue with the challenges  (Read 2644 times)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Should I continue with the challenges
« on: December 21, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »
Currently I have 23 (going on 24) challenges written up. Shall I continue posting them? Are they fun? Is anyone learning anything? Is anyone annoyed?
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: Should I continue with the challenges
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 02:39:32 AM »
you bet!

MatGrebe

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 02:44:30 AM »
Hi Se7en,

i like that idea to learn more about lisp - but not one (or two) challenge(s) a day.

One per week would be fine, so one can follow that problem until everyone posted his solution. Then comes the next challenge.

Merry christmas

Mathias

kirby

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 08:10:34 AM »
They are fun (aka beats work) and everyone can learn from seeing how others approach the problem.

Tharwat

• Swamp Rat
  • Hypersensitive
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »
I did like these 'challenges' and hopefully you post one per day only to allow others from different regions to participate and for all to follow and not to get lost among other threads.
This is just my suggestion.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 09:07:52 AM »
Alright, I'll keep posting them.

The challenges will start a short run where the next is related the previous (a subject broken into several pieces).

I posted one a day to allow for everyone to take part. I numbered them so they can be followed and found easier.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 05:14:46 PM »
NOTICE:
I am attempting to add the existing challenges to the forum calendar. And I will create a new (blank) event for the next challenge yet to be posted.
I hope this helps.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 05:31:29 PM »
I posted a new event to the calendar for A08. It looks like that makes a post in the forum (I hope that isn't too confusing).

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2021, 09:38:04 AM »
If anyone has a challenge idea feel free to PM me.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

framednlv

• Newt
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 10:15:56 AM »
I do read all the new posts and like watching them. 

:idea: - Any chance you could get a new category for the challenges so they could be for any of the programming languages?

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 10:44:44 AM »
I do read all the new posts and like watching them. 

:idea: - Any chance you could get a new category for the challenges so they could be for any of the programming languages?
A challenge that is open to all languages is posted in the "General Programming" forum. These however, are just for AutoLisp (using visual lisp would make them too easy). However, I'm not going to "stop" you from participating with any language you want. Is that what you mean?

Why don't you participate? These challenges are a LOT of work and it doesn't make me feel that great to hear that I am doing all this work so people can enjoy "just watching". That makes me want to stop posting them.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 11:00:36 AM »
Yes, I have been searching for some other lisp language challenges/problems and I got a lot of ideas too. I have obviously had to change a few. The next group of challenges coming up came from some CommonLisp ones I found.

Google indexes the AutoLisp forum so I don't understand how they would be "ANTI-google-indexer" though.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 10:03:09 AM »
A few of my challenges "fell apart" this morning on the thought they are far to simple. And at least one of my future challenges has been done to death. So best case scenario I loose 3 planned challenges. I'm sorry. I thought I had a solid list of 20+ challenges but that doesn't look to be the case.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 10:33:30 AM »
NOTE: I will be creating a subforum to host these challenges. So please keep an eye out for that.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 10:41:14 AM »

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 02:21:27 PM »
?

Donate to TheSwamp.org

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 04:19:30 PM »
looking at roses is good !
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 06:56:10 AM »
I had an email that was hacked once, someone stole my clash of clans base

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022, 11:09:53 AM »
Смисао

Конклузивно исправно / неисправно - базично / рудиментарно - суштинско / бесчулно ... Ако се са становишта чулности лепота не схвата суштински кроз степен трансформабилности дисхармоничног ка хармоничном, онда је и историјски концепт оправданости егзистенције истинит/прихватљив и супротно непотребан/неприхватљив скроз погрешан... Као што сам још увидео и сам - етика је изнад естетике... Питање часности и прихватљивог концепта схватања егзистенцијализма је онда и историјски гледано под велом релативности... Апсолутизам се стога може посматрати и релативно ако је оправдано неким вишим разлозима... Ситуација са планетарног аспекта и односа хармоничности/дисхармоничности тела и празног простора би требало да буде прихатљива и елемантарна логика егзистенцијализма... Према томе и визији будућег аспекта живота на планети, нарушавање концепта етике, естетике би требало посматрати и истовремено фундаментално интервентно - морално етично релативно... Значи уколико командна одговорност постоји за неморалне релације - рат, сукоб, и сл. решење треба тражити на поприлично једноставним концепцијама односа између 2 стране... Уколико једна страна делује хармонично, а друга дисхармонично - према проблемском схемом хармонична страна треба да делује на дисхармоничну у смислу успостављања хармоније... Као што и знамо и историјски гледано, ако је суштина хармоничног у естетици и схватању пријатног кроз хуманост и човечност као базичног параметра религије живота, онда и опстанак врсте зависи не само од егзистенцијализма и потребног деловања функционисања живота, него и просторно-етичног кодекса укупног живог света...
Што се тиче веровања и вере - хришћанство, будизам, хиндуизам, ислам, ... (рецимо - овде сам ја ставио на пр. на прво место хришћанство) ...
Ако је базична схема (долазак месије на планету у виду бића које делује на бића исте врсте тачна, онда је и суштина погођена - на пр. питање би било : ако је сад пак човек најсуштинскији параметар приче све и ако у причи свој не би ни било осталог - па ваљда и дејство треба да буде просвешћујуће суштинско исправно - човек прав и здрав је потребан и цењен кроз исте параметре и према свему и свачему уколико је дејство посматрано кроз време мисије једнако и усмерено просвешћујуће и благодарно суштинско - делотворно хармонично позитивно)...
Ако сад пак месије није никада ни било (ово наравно је помало и непроверљиво), питање религиског схватања и концепта веровања у неку дубљу срж би било исправно и без месије... Са становишта јединке, то би било отприлике слично релацији : ако нисам за себе, онда нисам ни за друге, а због тога ако нисам ни за друге - питање гласи суштинско - који је то виши смисао срж егзистенције... Просто речено, на пример : биће је биће - не мора бити ни лепо ни ружно, ни паметно ни глупо, ни привлачно ни непривлачно, ... стога би требало да произађе и морални кодекс живота : ако дејствујеш бесчулно према животном станишту у смислу етике живота, прилично нарушаваш релације оправданости егзистенције и обрнуто оправдаваш их ако чулно делујеш етично...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube