Author Topic: Can anyone tell me is this possible?  (Read 1354 times)

Massey999

• Mosquito
Can anyone tell me is this possible?
« on: December 03, 2021, 09:56:19 PM »
Hi! I am a junior architectural technologist who has been using cad for a couple of years now. I recently discovered lisp routines and can't believe how amazing they are for speeding up workflow and getting so many tasks done and for the most part I have been able to search for what I need and find great working lisps!

This leads me to my question, I recently received a large number of house drawings and upon inspection realised the walls had not been drawn to brick dims. Now my mental arithmetic is not great and refering to a brick dim table for each measurement is rather time consuming and so I wondered if there was a lisp routine that could check values for existing dimensions against a table or via a sum/formula and colour code them for example co measurements one colour and co+, co- dimensions similarly unique colour code.

Can someone tell me would this be possible before I waste my time trying to find an existing lisp or going down the long road of understanding how to create one! Many thanks to all who take the time to answer!

didier

• Newt
  • expatrié
Re: Can anyone tell me is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 04:33:58 AM »
Bonjour

The best way to help you is to have two examples of designs
with the original state and transformation you want.
In student variations, someone will answer without a doubt.

Amicalement
eternal beginner ...
my english is not fluent ...

baitang36

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 09:34:37 PM »
What you think of can be realized.
You can send a DWG to show how you do it.
 You can do it by hand, and so can the program.

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 11:54:34 PM »
You could do a brick dims check as you enter lengths you would need a program that draws walls, I have brick rod lengths as part of a package, I dont know enough about designing houses but one routine called room builder does just that joining rooms next to each other with a stud wall thickness offset. Then can draw internal and external walls over them as a guide. If your doing draw overall length then can round down or up to brick lengths.

If you can work out the rules to apply then something could be done. It really depends on how you layout rooms and their size.

The outside layer of the wall could be checked in image.

A man who never made a mistake never made anything

CatDance

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 12:17:55 AM »
Hi! I am a junior architectural technologist who has been using cad for a couple of years now. I recently discovered lisp routines and can't believe how amazing they are for speeding up workflow and getting so many tasks done and for the most part I have been able to search for what I need and find great working lisps!

This leads me to my question, I recently received a large number of house drawings and upon inspection realised the walls had not been drawn to brick dims. Now my mental arithmetic is not great and refering to a brick dim table for each measurement is rather time consuming and so I wondered if there was a lisp routine that could check values for existing dimensions against a table or via a sum/formula and colour code them for example co measurements one colour and co+, co- dimensions similarly unique colour code.

Can someone tell me would this be possible before I waste my time trying to find an existing lisp or going down the long road of understanding how to create one! Many thanks to all who take the time to answer!

Is your problem fixed ?
If not let me know as I have plenty to time and may help you write a program to fix it (for free of cos). Though my codes will not be as slick as some the of the legends here but it will still do the job. Let me know.
A must-read book: Amazing story how Bill + Paul started Microsoft and history of computer revolution.
https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Drive-Making-Microsoft-Empire/dp/0887306292

Brief history of Microsoft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLaMbaVT22E

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 11:13:49 PM »
Catdance The image reflects 12 months of development the walls are just 1 part of a big package, yes can draw brick rod lengths looked at this for brick pier spacing.

My only concern is, thanks for the brick lengths can I have these 22 other items now, we all know to many out there love the word Free.

The package is cheap.

Again how do you anticipate using the brick lengths as part of input that is the question that needs to be answered not the check part. Do it right 1st.

What happens lets take a rectang house check overall where do you adjust the incorrect brick length in the total plan ?
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 06:19:24 AM »
Hi! I am a junior architectural ..........................Now my mental arithmetic is not great and refering to a brick dim table for each measurement is rather time
:angel:
If you need mathematically LISP,  OR
 :?    you need insert many math-Equations inside VLISP
then already exists ClickHere--Viața sub asediu. Despre supraviețuirea culturală și spirituală pe frontul actual al globalizării
I understand you need, upgrade your mathematically skill/s. (arithmetic calculation, algebric ways., school math)
Please help-me , we need more-practically skill on C++/C#/Java, upgrade togheter theses skill. You send PM the message.
Best Regards..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 06:53:11 AM by d2010 »