Author Topic: Convert COGO point label to MLEADERs  (Read 7479 times)

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
Convert COGO point label to MLEADERs
« on: November 05, 2021, 03:50:03 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone by chance know of a way or tool to convert C3D cogo point labels to MLEADER representations?

Thanks
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager
Wetland Studies and Solutions

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Convert COGO point label to MLEADERs
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 04:44:56 PM »
Dynamo?
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 01:22:11 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone by chance know of a way or tool to convert C3D cogo point labels to MLEADER representations?

Thanks
To what end?
If you double explode your points, you'll get a node, leader (if point was in dragstate), and mtext label.
I assume you don't care the labels are no longer dynamic to the actual point data?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 09:39:07 AM »
I can't take credit for this since all I really did was cobble together code from other folks, but it definitely solved my issue.
I did want to try to maintain the labels to be as usable as possible for the client who is not using C3D, so MLEADER entities seemed to be the best option. And this doesn't destroy the COGOs, so I can just hide them for the client.

It uses this:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-customization/how-to-see-if-a-point-label-has-been-moved-to-dragged-state/m-p/9660859/highlight/true#M18406
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:42:46 AM by CHulse »
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager
Wetland Studies and Solutions

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023