CAD Forums > CAD General

Remote Office VPN

<< < (3/4) > >>

jonesy:
We remote into our own PCs here using something called forticlient. It enables all the Revit users to work just as they are in the office. Nobody has complained of slowdown, but I have experience the odd time the connection drops, but its never caused any issues.

Jeff H:
Thanks everyone, now need to go google ton of acronyms see what everyone was talking about.

John,
We just do electrical and try not to use worksets for visibility but sometimes have someone doing power and another doing lighting at same time, but I guess we could separate those into different models, but that might not work well for panel schedules, would have to test first.

Donalind:
The most reliable and best way to work remotely from home with network folders will be via VPN. that is, you are sitting at home and connected to your office via a VPN connection, working with network folders or connecting to 1c, and this gives an idea of how you work in the office itself, the only limitation that can cause inconvenience is the speed of your Internet and the equipment that builds in the office (with a large number of connections, there may be brakes). But it is worth considering that you will have to use the best provider for a better connection. Which can be found on the platform bestvpnprovider.co   

Jeff H:
We purchased a dedicated fiber line between offices and will see how that goes.

oxhagener:
I work remotely and everything works correctly even if I use vpn. Also play https://oddsdigger.com/ca/bowls using vpn and never had any problems. In principle, all the comments above confirm my words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version