Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any literature for plan and profile design?  (Read 8136 times)

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Our company designs underground conduit and it has never been required to draw a plan and profile. I have very little knowledge of Civil design and we are using Map 3D. Can anyone recommend any kind of literature to educate myself on how to design plan and profile without Civil 3D? I'm interested in learning standard annotation and concepts for pipeline profiles. I kind of know how to create a profile grid with horizontal and vertical scales but I definitely need to understand it better. Please comment with some useful literature Thanks!

steve.carson

• Newt
Re: Can anyone recommend any literature for plan and profile design?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 12:58:02 PM »
I don't have any literature for you, but if you will be using an exaggerated Y scale, one trick I've done in the past is to draw it 1:1, then do a copy and "paste as block", then give the block the appropriate Y scale. It's a little easier on the brain than trying to draw the exaggerated scale.

Steve

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 12:14:19 PM »
Thanks! this is the method I am using. Do you label the contents after or before you scale? The text appears stretched out when scaling Y and X disproportionally.
I don't have any literature for you, but if you will be using an exaggerated Y scale, one trick I've done in the past is to draw it 1:1, then do a copy and "paste as block", then give the block the appropriate Y scale. It's a little easier on the brain than trying to draw the exaggerated scale.

Steve

steve.carson

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »
You would definitely label after scaling.

Steve