Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

AutoLISP with Microstation

(1/10) > >>

Coder:
Hello everyone.

The company that I work for will start using MicroStation program and I might be one of the others who would use this software.

I've read a few threads on the internet is that MicroStation does not run or use AutoLISP routines but I am still can't confirm this.

Is there a way to run Lisp routine in MicroStation or any work around this big obstacle?

Thank you in advance.

Grrr1337:
Never used Microstation, but at first glance looks like it supports VBA as a development language, which is something.

Coder:
Thank you for your reply.

I need to be able to use AutoLISP or convert Lisp routines into any other language that can be used in MicroStation.
I don't know anything about VBA.

Grrr1337:

--- Quote from: Coder on April 03, 2021, 09:14:08 AM ---I need to be able to use AutoLISP or convert Lisp routines into any other language that can be used in MicroStation.

--- End quote ---

I don't think you would be able to use AutoLISP directly for MicroStation, so you'll have to 'convert' them into other language which is supported by MS.
Conversion is not the most accurate verb, rather its to 'translate' the algorithm of the LISP routine to be used in another (similar) API.

--- Quote from: Coder on April 03, 2021, 09:14:08 AM ---I don't know anything about VBA.

--- End quote ---

Its the first thing I check, which would mean that it supports COM, so you could use LISP from ACAD to instantise MS object and create new Document and manipulate stuff via properties'n'methods - sample pseudocode:

--- Code: ---; NOTE: its a sample pseudocode, it should not work if you copy-paste
(setq MSapp (vlax-get-or-create-object "Bentley.Interop.MicroStationDGN.Application"))
(vlax-invoke-method MSapp 'Show :vlax-true)
(setq MSdoc (vlax-invoke-method MSapp 'AddDocument "Sample document"))

--- End code ---

But this LISP'ing approach is only "ODBX-like", meaning that it would be only suitable for automating tasks for like 50 MS projects in a row,
and not for creating new custom commands for to be invoked by the user while working in MS.

MicroStation Development Languages
Looks like they support C# aswell.

Coder:
Thank you for your kind explanation, that helps a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version