Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

is too frustating whats Autodesk is doing with AutoCAD 2022

(1/2) > >>

jtm2020hyo:
How is possible that the best tool in the world is being deprecated, until 2021 at least they did some changed bit now is entirely web/ mobile changes, and the cost is 3000 dollars per 3 years.

This is too frustrating, autodesk trying to force migration to revit and killing AutoCAD, how is possible that no one cares?

RGUS:
It is a shame, but there are alternates out there, and the draughting table is always available... and produces nicer looking drawings anyway.

Jeff H:
AutoCAD is being deprecated?

jtm2020hyo:
Yes, basically is unofficially deprecated, because all they are adding is cloud features, since 10 years ago they are trying to eliminate AutoCAD and do it 100% could android and web app

I already lost my hope with Autodesk, AutoCAD is already dead, we are wasting time support deprecated software.

I created a request in LibreCAD forum, please support this if anyone feel tired of autodesk marketing, this request ask to devs also migrate to FreeCAD because is already very advanced

https://forum.librecad.org/Request-for-LibreCAD-3-and-2-but-mainly-for-version-3-td5720088.html

jtm2020hyo:
I found an alternative to Autodesk Drive:

RClone can connect your cloud storage (GDrive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Nextcloud, etc) to your PC like a USB drive, a good alternative to Google Drive File Stream.

sample command to connect any cloud storage to your pc like a USB:

--- Code: ---rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full jtm2020hyo: z: -v 
rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full jtm2021hyo: x: -v
rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full jtm2022hyo: y: -v

--- End code ---

With respect to coordination, but 2 persons can share the same cloud storage account and connect their files because RClone sync your files in real-time, those files could work using External References.

... If Autodesk created their Autodesk Drive to US$3000/3 years, we can have our personal cloud for free and FOSS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version