Code Red > ARX Programming

How can I start at ACA OMF?

(1/2) > >>

jtm2020hyo:
I wish to start using OMF but I did not receive an answer since AND Autodesk.

how can I start without Autodesk's help?

MickD:
a quick web search found this -> https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/OMF-API-Power-Customize-AutoCAD-Architecture-and-AutoCAD-MEP-2016

Plenty more in the rest of the search results: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU929AU929&sxsrf=ALeKk01QHUaBKOg782GJMupZz8krkRAWkA%3A1609209171464&ei=U5XqX8XpG7eX4-EP54Cx2AI&q=OMF+cad&oq=OMF+cad&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDILCAAQyQMQFhAKEB4yBggAEBYQHjoECAAQRzoHCAAQyQMQQzoTCC4QsQMQgwEQxwEQowIQFBCHAjoECAAQQzoKCC4QxwEQrwEQQzoHCAAQFBCHAjoICC4QxwEQrwE6EQguEMcBEK8BEMkDEJECEJMCOgIIADoNCC4QxwEQrwEQFBCHAjoECAAQClD8NljkQmC3UWgAcAJ4AIAB9AKIAbwHkgEHMC4yLjEuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQjAAQE&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiF36Kok_LtAhW3yzgGHWdADCsQ4dUDCA0

That should at least give you a start, hope it helps.

jtm2020hyo:
I was watching the entire day such video, and according to the link I need find the ACA OMF Wizard 2021, something similar to AutoCAD ObjectARX Wizard 2021, according to the same video I need to join AND Autodesk using an ADN Standard or ADN Professional account, then what I need do? I did not receive answers by Autodesk.

then what alternatives do I have?

MickD:
I'm pretty sure once you join the ADN you have access to all resources and tools they offer and even some phone/email support (maybe depending on what tier you buy in to from memory).

If you a capable of building dll's from scratch with C++ you should be able to build a plugin without the wizard. To make it easier you could probably start with the ARX wizard and find out what settings need to be changed but I imagine it would be very few, like instead of producing .arx it may just be .dll or other naming convention, in the end it's just a dll, the file extension is really just a 'filter' to ensure you are loading a plugin and not an ordinary dll.
The wizard just helps with a lot of boiler plate coding and initial classes etc that could be copied from an existing project and refactored to suit. Yes, it may be a bit of work the first time around and I guess it depends on what your time is worth compared to the ADN subscription and what it provides to get you going quickly.

hth, cheers.

jtm2020hyo:
thanks for the answer, I am new for now I just wish to test and play with the objects.

is there any method, for example, to extract all code necessary of Wall-Object and then edit it to one Wall-Custom-Object?

maybe is there a video or sample for extract info or code inside AutoCAD Architecture / MEP?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version