Author Topic: custom page size plotter issues  (Read 1965 times)

esk

• Mosquito
custom page size plotter issues
« on: December 08, 2020, 08:53:19 AM »
Dear other autocad users, I am coming to you with what is probably the dumbest issue in existence but here it is. I'm having plotter issues and our IT is of no help.

I usually work by setting up my layout and Page Setup, most often with a custom paper size. The problem is that our HP printer only takes 10 custom paper sizes until I get the message "you have reached the limit of 10 exportable custom sizes". I used to ignore this and save more custom page sizes but at some point the driver just conked out and wouldn't plot anything and required re-install on my machine.

Now I'm trying to avoid this issue, but even if I try to standardise my drawings that's still more than 10 custom sizes that I need. I tried having multiple pc3 named HP_plotter_1 and HP_plotter_2 each with <10 custom paper sizes. But when I tried modifying the paper sizes in one pc3 file it also modified them in all the others for the same HP_plotter. And how do I make sure that someone else in the office can also easily print drawings I made?

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: custom page size plotter issues
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 03:05:52 PM »
I wonder if you add the printer driver to the network and another to your local machine if you will get 2 options