Author Topic: Sheet Index Creator  (Read 1575 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Sheet Index Creator
« on: October 26, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »
I have been working on a sheet index creator that will also add the current revision information inside a Delta symbol.

As a bonus in this process, after change a sheet number or name, a simple Regen will update Sheet Numbers and Titles, it will not update Revision Information, change sheet order or add or remove sheets with a regen, for those items, use the UpdateSheetIndex command.

The RCLOUD command will automatically add Revision Information to the sheet set manager and the SetSubmittal command can be used to set submittal information not to be in a delta, such as PLAN CHECK, RFI #, etc.

This routine depends on an external program called Sheet Index Assistant. In the attached ZIP file, you will find both the compiled version and the source code, as well as the LISP and Block Files needed.

The external program is written in XOJO, the Readme file lists where to get this and all needed plug-ins.

I have also attached the AutoSheetIndex.lsp separately for anyone who doesn't want to download the .ZIP file.

The external program works well, the LISP file is slow with large DST Files, so I am hoping someone can take a look and help me figure out how to speed up creating and updating sheet indexes.

Many people have provided a lot of code that went into this and I believe I have credited everyone, but if you see your code in there and it isn't credited, please let me know.

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Re: Sheet Index Creator
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:51:06 PM »
This is pretty sweet. Great job piecing this together.
Civil3D 2020

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 07:57:57 PM »
Thank you, now I just got to get the speed up on it, I am sure it is something stupid and obvious. I know it is either in reading the Text file or in adding lines to the table or setting the text/etc. Just not sure where yet.

jvillarreal

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 08:26:06 AM »
Implementing regeneratetablesuppressed should speed it up.
Thanks for sharing your work on this.

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »
Implementing regeneratetablesuppressed should speed it up.
Thanks for sharing your work on this.
I tried and that doesn't seem to help the speed any, not sure what is going on yet. I have attached the modified LISP file.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:13:29 PM by cmwade77 »

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
It seems the slowness is in the reading of the text file, I have attached an updated version of the .LSP file and a sample copy of the fields file it needs to read in.