Author Topic: Civil 3D deleting my profiles when I delete a corridor/intersection  (Read 8785 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
In both 2020 and 2019, if I erase my intersection, it erases my profiles.
If I erase the alignments created with intersection wizard, it also erases my profile. I swear this hasn't been a problem in the past. Am I doing something wrong?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Re: Civil 3D deleting my profiles when I delete a corridor/intersection
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 01:30:20 PM »
I think i tried what you just mentioned and mine worked like it was expected to work. Have you tried doing a simple corridor in a new drawing and see if it does it? Could be the drawing you are working in; or the program got an update? Just throwing out some ideas.
Civil3D 2020

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 11:21:07 AM »
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are seeing. But, a profile is a subobject of an alignment. So, delete the alignment the profile goes away, too. It's always been this way.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 04:00:15 PM »
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are seeing. But, a profile is a subobject of an alignment. So, delete the alignment the profile goes away, too. It's always been this way.
Right, but erasing alignments the intersection tool created, or erasing the actual intersection object, shouldn't erase my road profile. That's what I can't figure out.

I think i tried what you just mentioned and mine worked like it was expected to work. Have you tried doing a simple corridor in a new drawing and see if it does it? Could be the drawing you are working in; or the program got an update? Just throwing out some ideas.
I was wondering about that, as this hasn't happened in the past. I'll try it. Hopefully I haven't corrupted the template file somehow.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox