Author Topic: Hatch pattern  (Read 3090 times)

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
Hatch pattern
« on: August 07, 2020, 10:20:00 AM »
I know I should remember this but how do I load a hatch pattern? I copied  the *.pat file to the folder with all the other patterns.  It doesn't show up in the pattern drop-down.  Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jim Buzbee
James Buzbee
Windows 8

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Hatch pattern
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
A real quick look makes it look like you just click the button next to the pattern name (the one with the three dots '...').  Then the last tab is 'Custom', and on mine there is a bunch of *.pat files there.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:48:16 AM »
Well, you must place *.pat file(s) in SFSP (Support Files Search Paths)...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »
I had to copy / paste the individual .pat files into the acad.pat file for them to show up.  This is 2021
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Rustabout

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 12:11:47 PM »
   "This is 2021"

The funny thing is that most 'vertical' or 'cutting edge' programs still require .PAT files. AutoCAD is the best place to test/debug your custom hatches before loading them into Revit or whatever other program. What blows me away is that it's been 20 years? since someone, on their own without being paid, created a way to make custom hatch patterns. Software that costs thousands per year still doesn't have this.

I'll leave a tip in case anyone comes across this post and is having problems with .PAT files: *I Think* A blank line needs to be added after the last hatch pattern definition. I hadn't done this and it took me forever to figure out the problem.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-5774FB71-1FD7-4BFD-AFEE-A435DBDCB449-htm.html

tombu

• Bull Frog
  • ByLayer=>Not0
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
I'll leave a tip in case anyone comes across this post and is having problems with .PAT files: *I Think* A blank line needs to be added after the last hatch pattern definition. I hadn't done this and it took me forever to figure out the problem.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-5774FB71-1FD7-4BFD-AFEE-A435DBDCB449-htm.html
Put an asterisk "*" on that last line, doesn't do anything but when shared won't be missed by any users trying to save the pattern for themselves.
Tom Beauford P.S.M.
Leon County FL Public Works - Windows 7 64 bit AutoCAD Civil 3D

Rustabout

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 07:48:32 AM »
Nice tip Tombu!

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »
Search over at Cadtutor user BIG-AL there is a post about making hatch patterns and lisp code provided.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything