Code Red > .NET

Sorting Civil 3D CogoPoints

(1/1)

sdunn:
I am trying to select points from a drawing, sort them by northing and then by easting so that I can renumber them from north to south and then by west to east.  I want to do this as efficiently as possible and I think linq would be the best way assuming I can work with a List<CogoPoint> in this manner.

This doesn't work yet.  Is there a better way to do this or a different path I should take?

--- Code - C#: ---            using (Transaction tr = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())            {                // ' If the prompt status is OK, objects were selected                if (acSSPrompt.Status == PromptStatus.OK)                {                    ObjectIdCollection idcoll = new ObjectIdCollection(acSSPrompt.Value.GetObjectIds());                                       foreach (ObjectId OID in idcoll)                    {                        CogoPoint p = (OID.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead) as CogoPoint);                        SelectedPoints.Append<CogoPoint>(p);                    }                   var sortresult = SelectedPoints.OrderByDescending(p.Northing).ThenByDescending(p.Easting);                     //Renumber the points here                    tr.Commit();                }                else                {                }            }//end using 
Thank you,
Stacy

MickD:
Have you tried

--- Code - C#: ---var sortresult = SelectedPoints.OrderByDescending(p => p.Northing).ThenByDescending(p => p.Easting);
You usually need a Lambda expression with Linq that takes the object then gets the object property eg. object => object.Property

You might also want to tack on 'ToList()' to get back an ordered 'List' rather than an IOrderedEnumerable.

hth

sdunn:
Yes, that is what I was missing.  Thank you!

MickD:
no problemo :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version