Author Topic: Converting x-y coordinates to long lat  (Read 2408 times)

MaCo

• Mosquito
Converting x-y coordinates to long lat
« on: May 27, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »
Hello everyone. I have some GPS points that are in longitude and latitude. I can search these on google maps and see were they are, but now I want to be able to also locate these points in my drawing.

I am using BricsCAD Pro, but it doesnt seem to allow me to search on these coördinates. I know the drawing is made in autocad and that these coördinates are in the file, since they can use the exact same file to set out points with the GPS outside in the field.

Is it just an autoCAD function to see the longitude and latitude coordinates or can I also somehow search for them as well in BricsCAD. I did find a lisp file that says it can do it, but it doesn't function in BricsCAD and I don't know how to change it to something that does work.

https://www.keanw.com/2014/09/translating-between-autocad-drawing-points-and-geographic-locations-using-net-part-1.html

All information I seem to find in the last hour or so seems to be referring to AutoCAD, so I hoped somebody here with more knowledge about this could help me out.

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: Converting x-y coordinates to long lat
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 04:17:36 PM »
you can use Corpscon from the US ACOE to convert between coordinate systems outside of CAD, lat long to state plane, etc.
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

MaCo

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 03:18:11 AM »
Doesn't seem to be available for Europe though :(

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 02:22:53 PM »
well, you can take a look at the Dotsoft site, i've used Terry's stuff to convert from my GPS to state plane in the States, dunno if he has addressed EU conversions,
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 09:14:52 PM »
Post a sample dwg, CIV3d allows both ways by setting world location.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything