CAD Forums > CAD General

What's your preference - AutoCAD 2019 | 2020 | 2021?

(1/3) > >>

MP:
Feel free to ante up any experiences you've have had with any of these versions that might prove helpful to anyone who stumbles onto this thread.  :-)

Thanks!

Michael.

ronjonp:
I'm running 2019 at the office and 2021 at home. I find 2021 to be a bit laggier with xrefs ( reloading, attaching etc ). Really I could still be using 2008 just fine  :-D

MP:
The odd number curse prevails! :2funny:

(sometimes I pine for the stability of ver 14.01 :?)

tombu:
2021 installed faster than the other two. It opens quicker and runs smooth.
The handful of added features are ones users have wanted for a long time.
I've used Break at point often and having it as a command instead of a Break macro allows me to simply hit enter to repeat.
The added option for Trim and Extend makes those commonly used commands quicker and easier.
Being able to see xref changes as I update my drawing is nice as well.

While r13 was my least favorite version like all others it was an upgrade to (smother running) r12 that added a lot of cool features. (edit) ver 14.01 was the best of any version ever and for those of us that worked with contours the addition of lwpolylines shrank drawing sizes consideratly.
The only software upgrades I can remember that weren't worth upgrading to were DOS 4.0 which used so much resources most powerful DOS wouldn't even run on it and Dbase 4.0.

ronjonp:

--- Quote from: MP on May 14, 2020, 06:23:04 PM ---The odd number curse prevails! :2funny:

(sometimes I pine for the stability of ver 14.01 :?)

--- End quote ---
Me too .. I still have it around! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version